starting strength gym
Page 1358 of 2422 FirstFirst ... 3588581258130813481356135713581359136013681408145818582358 ... LastLast
Results 13,571 to 13,580 of 24219

Thread: Joined a new gym last night. Hilarious

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Sivell87 View Post
    in his Bristol accent (For those out of the UK, it's basically a UK farmer sounding accent), which is especially grating before 7am.
    Jesus, why don't such people know their place and stay silent until the classier folks have had their coffee and dispelled their hangovers? Fucking uppity farmers, amirite?

Quote Originally Posted by Corrie View Post
    I've heard needles in the bathroom can be a pretty big problem in some gyms so maybe they are just trying to make the best of the situation.
    I know the obvious answer is steroids, but couldn't it also be for those with diabetes?

Quote Originally Posted by curlrackhog View Post
    I know the obvious answer is steroids, but couldn't it also be for those with diabetes?
    Oh yeah I guess that's possible. I have more faith that the average insulin user would not be leaving their needles around though!

Oh yeah I guess that's possible. I have more faith that the average insulin user would not be leaving their needles around though!
    Nothing says "class" like diabeetus...

Well, being someone who has done the following;

• left one gym shoe in a locker without realizing
    • forgot a towel to dry off after lunch workout and resorted to drying off with workoutshirt and paper towels
    • left my belt/straps/squat shoes innumerable times
    • forgotten my cell phone at home while driving to the middle of nowhere for meetings with clients

it's not difficult for me to imagine leaving a used needle in a locker or the locker room without realizing it, especially when I'm MEH's age or, although unfathomable, older.

(Just kidding MEH, love you)

My daughter is diabetic. She's pretty good about not scattering her testing lancets all over. No syringes as she has a pump. So is having a sharps container (ostensibly so people who are taking IM anabolics) like providing clean needles to IV drug addicts?
    It would keep the syringes out of the trash where staff could get stuck. Hmm. Gonna have to mull this one over. I don't know crap about illegal anabolics, only the prescribed ones. Most of my hypogonadal patients were on either topicals (compounded primarily) or test-cyp which you wouldn't need to use anywhere but home. Anyway, type 1 diabetes sucks. Wanted to toss that in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Northern Soul Girl lives there, one plus at least.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZLLPaX4SS4

All kinds of diabetes suck, if it makes you prone to being hyperglycaemic in particular. It will destroy eyesight, kidneys, possibly cause loss of sensation in extremities and maybe even amputation.

Quote Originally Posted by JC View Post
    The farmer wasn't uppity, he weren't even a farmer. Guy was just trying to help set the scene for you lot fortunate enough never to have been to Bristol.

'bristols' can also be slang for tits, which is about the only reason for the place.
    Yes, I'm aware that Bristol is a city and people with Bristol accents may not actually be farmers. It was Sivell who called it a "farmer accent".

Incidentally, it is often great fun to watch Rip fuck with snooty transplants to New York who wait on him in restaurants and assume he's a hick because of how he talks.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Simma Park View Post
    Yes, I'm aware that Bristol is a city and people with Bristol accents may not actually be farmers. It was Sivell who called it a "farmer accent".

Incidentally, it is often great fun to watch Rip fuck with snooty transplants to New York who wait on him in restaurants and assume he's a hick because of how he talks.
    "Bristol" is a euphemism for offspring a parasite. You can have parthenogenetic bristolization, wherein the parasitic organism produces a clone through virgin birth, but more commonly the organism will seek external genetic material in order to lend itself genotypic 'credibility' within the environment it finds itself.
    And I'm done.