starting strength gym
Page 1462 of 2422 FirstFirst ... 462962136214121452146014611462146314641472151215621962 ... LastLast
Results 14,611 to 14,620 of 24219

Thread: Joined a new gym last night. Hilarious

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Yay! My gym got another squat rack! We now have a grand total of.....two!

This just happens to be the same week that a new rule went into effect. You cannot remove the bars from the racks or benches. So all deadlifting and overhead pressing must be done inside a rack.

And don't worry, the new rack is too short to do presses in.

Quote Originally Posted by OverfedZombie View Post
    And don't worry, the new rack is too short to do presses in.
    Just do DB lateral raises for shoulders. Problem solved!

Idk why people are so terrified of working in. I always offer the rack to share because I know I'm going to be taking long rests and using it for a while.

At the uni gym I had a guy openly staring at me for several minutes. He declined my offer to work in when I said it was going to take me a while. But then he kept asking me how many more sets I had left. And kept staring at me. When I was done I told him so but he walked over to the smith machine instead.

Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    Idk why people are so terrified of working in. I always offer the rack to share because I know I'm going to be taking long rests and using it for a while.
    If you're doing it right, eventually you'll be four-wheeling regularly. This means average bro gets to unload up to 4 plates per side, which is an awful lot of weight for the average bro to lift. Easier to just not work in.

Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post

At the uni gym I had a guy openly staring at me for several minutes. He declined my offer to work in when I said it was going to take me a while. But then he kept asking me how many more sets I had left. And kept staring at me. When I was done I told him so but he walked over to the smith machine instead.
    Maybe he was undressing you with his eyes and his idea of "working in" was totally different than the offer at hand?
    Last edited by Kundahli; 05-02-2014 at 10:47 AM.

Idk he had a boyfriend/brother with him. And they seemed pretty close.

Quote Originally Posted by Chebass88 View Post
    If you're doing it right, eventually you'll be four-wheeling regularly. This means average bro gets to unload up to 4 plates per side, which is an awful lot of weight for the average bro to lift. Easier to just not work in.
    Average bro likes to quarter squat 3-4 plates without any warm up so I think it'd be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Dastardly View Post
    Average bro likes to quarter squat 3-4 plates without any warm up so I think it'd be fine.
    Encourage said "bros" to add a fifth plate, under the pretense of false praise. As he is dropping during the negative, say "keep going, it's all you, light weight!!!"
    The resulting injury after he collapses to the bottom should guarantee an absence of this person from your presence, for a prolonged period of time.

M-T

I haven't perused this thread for quite a while and have only picked up from this page, so perhaps this has already been posted...

Was there some new "revolutionary" lat exercise hyped up recently? I keep seeing the following:
    Starting a standard pull-up, going from dead-hang, but stopping with arms at a 90° elbow bend, then rocking side to side in a "walk like an Egyptian" dance, but not with your neck.

M-T

starting strength coach development program
    Saw a guy using straps on the lat pulldown with babby weight.

Saw a different guy using straps on the T-Bar row with a slightly less babby but still babby weight.

Saw a third guy using straps for curls.

One wonders if they use the straps to wipe their ass too.