starting strength gym

Thread: Buying a Bar in Germany - Review of the ATX XTP Raw Powerlifting Bar Type 200

Default Buying a Bar in Germany - Review of the ATX XTP Raw Powerlifting Bar Type 200

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Maybe this will be helpful for someone else living in Germany or Europe.

So,….. until now I was using my old (and cheap) 30 mm Bars and weights. Since the chrome finish starts to chip off of the last Bar I bought, I decided to switch to 50 mm Stuff.

My favorite Bar would be the Starting Strength Bar. But as Shipping and Taxes would surpass the price of the Bar, I had to look for something else.

The Rogue B&R Bar 2.0 isn‘t in Stock in Europe, but will be shipped out of the US. Runtimes 6 weeks and above. The Ohio Power Bar….. the Knurling seems to be quite aggressive, if the Reviews are accurate.

So I stumbled upon the ATX XTP Raw Powerlifting Bar Type 200. The Bar itself is made of Raw Steel, Made in Germany. The Sleeves are hard chrome, and they buy them somewhere else.
    The Bar is IPF rated, so it has 29 mm Diameter, 810 mm markings, center Knurling. Max load is 1.200 kg, tensile strength is 220.000 PSI. Each Bar is tested with Ultrasound and eddy current.
    What‘s quite unique about this Bar is the fact, that you can choose between five different knurlings, no extra charges. You can order a Set of Knurling Samples for 50 Euros. After you‘ve chosen your Knurling, you return the Set and get the money back. Or, when ordering a Bar at the same time, the bar will be reduced by 50 Euros.

IMG_4959.jpg
    IMG_4960.jpg
    IMG_4961.jpg
    IMG_4962.jpg
    IMG_4963.jpg

In the pictures you can see the knurling samples. First one is always the type of the knurling, and the second one is a close up of the knurling.
    The Bar comes standard in 1.5 mm sharp. Which is really sharp. I wouldn‘t want to use it for Cleans. I thought quite a time about which knurling to go for. I tested them for a few days from time to time and held them without checking for the knurling before. 1.2 mm sharp was almost always my favorite, so I went with that knurling.

As soon as the Bar is delivered, which should happen this week, I‘ll update this Thread.
    Attached Images Attached Images

The sample knurling is a neat idea, but for me at least I couldn't really appreciate the SSB knurling until I got chalk on my hands to pull w/ DOH grip toward the end of a training session.

Maybe there are reviews out there for the different knurling options available to you? Or maybe there is a way to try the samples under some load.

Until now I didn‘t came across a Review regarding the Knurling. And since this is a highly subjective point, there‘s no right or wrong. What someone else thinks is a perfect knurling might be a Horror to you.

My Bar arrives on Friday, and I‘ll post a short overview as soon as possible.

The Bar arrived on Friday.

So far I‘m more as satisfied. The finish is absolutely even and flawless. The diameter of the Bar itself, as well as the load sleeves are on point (checked with an analog caliper). IPF Markings are also on point.

As soon as the weights arrive, I‘ll post an Update.