starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: (Boston Area) Cambridge Strength and Conditioning has moved to Arlington

Default (Boston Area) Cambridge Strength and Conditioning has moved to Arlington

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I haven't been on here in a while and thought it would be a good time to re-extend the invite of SS forum folk to visit/join our gym Cambridge Strength and Conditioning. We recently moved to a new location- 1205 Massachusetts Ave Arlington, MA.

The gym is a community setting with most people doing SS, Texas Method variations or Olympic lifting programs. Most people prefer to share a rack with a small group and everyone helps each other out with loading and spotting.

The best way to get in touch with us is by sending us a Facebook message on our page-
    www.facebook.com/CambridgeStrengthAndConditioning

Dues are $50 a month and include coaching. $10 drops in include coaching. Free to check out the gym and lift your first time in if you aren't looking for coaching.

We have people competing in powerlifting and weightlifting and usually have multiple people lifting in a meet and there to support the lifters. If you have ever thought about competing you should get in touch with us and do a meet with our group.

Fridays are a great day to come by as we go out for food after we lift.

Just stop on by or send us a message if you are interested in joining or stopping in.

Micah Deshaies

Very cool. Thanks for the update! :-)

How far from Redbones?

3.5 to Red Bones but .5 to Blue Ribbon BBQ... I think I might like Blue Ribbon more than Red Bones but I have only eaten Blue Ribbon when extremely famished so that could be swaying my vote.

Just to clarify this gym operates as a club and is not being run to make money. I have had a few questions about how to start and run a gym and just want to be up front with the fact that I can tell you what went well and what didn't but operating to generate a profit is whole different ball game. I will tell you that operating to just cover the operating expenses (start up costs not covered) has been the way to go for us because it has allowed us to enjoy running the gym.

Any way to get there without a car from the Fenway area?

Nice. I'm too far north of Boston to make it a regular thing but I have been thinking I could use some coaching on form.

The new space looks excellent. I've been wanting to visit and lift with you guys. I live in Davis Square, so I don't have a good excuse for not doing it sooner. I wanted to get a little more weight on the bar before visiting, but that's a silly ego-driven excuse.

I too think Blue Ribbon is better than Redbones, but I've also only had Blue Ribbon once. More data is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by adnscmplx View Post
    Any way to get there without a car from the Fenway area?
    Take the Green to Red, and then the 77 bus out of Harvard Square. It looks like the gym is right on, or very close to, Mass Ave.

I've written two long replies to this that have failed when I try to post so please excuse my brevity...

I come from Fenway area every day. Its not an place to get to the gym from but there are great buses on mass ave from harvard square if you can get there. we have some folks that ride bikes and that seems to be a great options. Try using google maps with transit- it told me a little over an hour. If you make a post on our page we try and get you a ride.

Secretinternetfatty- I was reading your 315 3x5 trouble post. We would be happy to help you out and if you want to come in send us a message on facebook so we can make sure john or myself will be there.

We have a few people that come in once a week or less just to lift in a good group atmosphere and get eyes on their form. drop ins are $10 and include coaching.

Yes our driveway is on Mass. Ave. We are in a garage behind a massage place...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast