starting strength gym
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: belt buying advice - uk

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    I had a read of the bb.com thread and the only UK related post is for the Zulu dominator single prong, which they no longer sell.

If Zulu are a decent brand I'd be happy to buy from them but they now only sell lever belts and I've read these can fail on you?

Quote Originally Posted by danlightbulb View Post
    I had a read of the bb.com thread and the only UK related post is for the Zulu dominator single prong, which they no longer sell.
    Check your PMs. I have one available if you're interested.

I know Pullum Sports sells Titan brand belts. I would recommend you pick one up from them. The Toro is fairly affordable and good quality.

Default belt buying advice - uk

I can highly recommend the Zuluglove (non-lever) belt if you can get one. I have no experience if the new version.

Quote Originally Posted by bean counter View Post
    Check your PMs. I have one available if you're interested.
    Well it was worth asking even though this topic has been discussed many times. Thanks bean counter, nice doing business with you and looking forward to trying out the belt.

Thanks everyone for the replies and advice.

Default Modifit

Quote Originally Posted by danlightbulb View Post
    Hi guys,

So I think the time has come to buy a belt. I have done a search and seen that this has been discussed numerous times but as usual the UK doesn't seem to have the same level of choice as the US.

I want the belt for squatting and deadlifting, and am unsure whether a 4" belt will therefore be too wide? Unfortunately I can't seem to find a 3" belt in UK online retailers.

I don't know anyone who has one I can try out.

This one seems to be the best I can find: Pullum Sports | Commercial Gym Equipment & Training Accessories

The other option would be a tapered one so its 2.5" at the front and 4" at the back. I'm aware the reasons that this isn't desired.

Stuck.

Dan
    Old thread but still a difficult one for guys trying to find simple 3” belts in the UK. I got into a back and forth with Stuart Bartley the MD of Mobilitytools. They make the Modifit brand belts. I was complaining about the relative cost difference between UK and US and trying to work out why some Modifit belts were so much cheaper than their 3” powerlifting belt. Long story short: cheap ones are made in Pakistan and expensive ones are hand made in Wales. I showed him the General Leathercraft basic deadlift belt and he has begun making a similar entry level, UK made, single ply, 3” belt. It might fill the gap in the market for those who want to get going with a 3” belt but don’t quite want to dive straight in for the full fat versions and their associated cost. I’m about to order a couple for my wife and I so will come back with any more info once I’ve got them.... I don’t think I can post a link to them in the forum rules but I’ll check on that as well.

Good man, this the one? https://mobilitytools.co.uk/shop/bel...nd-made-in-uk/
    Please do let us know what you think, also how it sizes. Do you know if it's sole leather (rather than something less robust like belly)?

Quote Originally Posted by scwot View Post
    Good man, this the one? https://mobilitytools.co.uk/shop/bel...nd-made-in-uk/
    Please do let us know what you think, also how it sizes. Do you know if it's sole leather (rather than something less robust like belly)?
    Edit: says sole leather in the description, twice.

starting strength coach development program
    That’s the one. Ordered them today. There’s a 25% off code on the site at the moment as well.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast