starting strength gym
Page 191 of 517 FirstFirst ... 91141181189190191192193201241291 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,910 of 5163

Thread: Garage gyms

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by JC View Post
    Judging on his previous, i think ocg knows a weld. Not saying anything beyond that and i can see where you all might read it that way, but let's hearwhat he meant first before we start the gangrape
    It does look to me like part around the weld is white and not metal color. But it could just be the picture

Quote Originally Posted by JC View Post
    Yeah you could argue it looks like zinc primer or anything, it does look odd but that could easily just be the camera angle/ flash/ metal finish/ set of footprints where He abandoned you/ carried you (for those of you who grew up in tourist towns that sold bits of wood and shell, or sometimes stock beach photos with inspirational messages, kind of proto memes)
    Lol

Quote Originally Posted by mgilchrest View Post
    +1

Nice work on the "footprints" reference, JC. Much appreciated.
    Well if you travel down here with Skillin you can put your own footprints in the sand and maybe Skillin will even hold you. [emoji13]

Quote Originally Posted by depictureboy View Post
    It does look to me like part around the weld is white and not metal color. But it could just be the picture
    Yes, that. Which is why you'll all note I asked whether it was painted or not. Bare steel is a kind of reflective white, that doesn't look like bare steel in the picture, but it could just be some weird colour correction combined with using flash.

Finally got the brackets installed. I had to mount them inside due to space issue at the top of the platform and I didn't want them mounted to the rubber mats.

I've been looking for a 3/4 rack for a while. Picked up a York STS Multi Function rack today. It's got some miles, but a coat of paint and it should be good to go.

Last edited by murphyreedus; 04-09-2016 at 03:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by allent View Post
    Dang, nearly all the powder coating on the inside of the mounting bracket of my matador flaked off. I assume I will need to repaint most of my equipment at some point, but before using it seems excessive...

The rest of the paint in the peeling area fell off just after I took this pic.
    I had the same issue with my deadlift jack (brand new, powder coat was flaking) and called them for a replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by murphyreedus View Post
    I've been looking for a 3/4 rack for a while. Picked up a York STS Multi Function rack today. It's got some miles, but a coat of paint and it should be good to go.

Sweeeet!

While I have a general rule of reading through a thread before asking a question, I'm going to have to make an exception here. Didn't want to start a new thread, but figured this would be a good place to ask this.

I'm looking at setting up a home gym. I'm planning on the R-6 Rack and a Rogue 28mm Training Bar (already have an Ohio Power Bar), but I'd like some opinions on plates, especially if anyone's used both types.

I'm debating between the Rogue Black Training LB Plates (top) and the Rogue LB Competition Plates (bottom). They've got the same bounce, same collar, same weight tolerances, etc. I'm planning on getting seven pairs of 45s and a pair each of 25s and 35s. The competition plates (solid color) would be $204 more, (total cost is a bit north of $4,000). I don't really see an advantage to them, but for some reason I'm still not totally convinced to go with the other plates. Yes, they say "competition," but since the specs are the same I don't see how that matters.

starting strength coach development program
    Unfortunately I don't have enough experience with Rogue's bumpers to provide a recommendation, but god damn that R6 rack is a monster.