Page 251 of 517 FirstFirst ... 151201241249250251252253261301351 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,510 of 5163

Thread: Garage gyms

Default Garage gyms

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024

Quote Originally Posted by swingshiftworker View Post
    Sorry if this has been mentioned already but I haven't bothered to scan all 295 pages of this thread. Just in case it hasn't been mentioned yet, here's an interesting article from EliteFTS about a featured garage gym that would be the envy of just about anyone here.

See: How to Kick Ass in a One Car Garage.
    Jordan had a pretty kickass set up "The House of GainzZz" in his one car garage. He gave a tour on youtube a few years back. It changed a bit here and there over time but it had everything you could want/need.

Quote Originally Posted by John Tony View Post
    Jordan had a pretty kickass set up "The House of GainzZz" in his one car garage. He gave a tour on youtube a few years back. It changed a bit here and there over time but it had everything you could want/need.
    And it's gone now that he moved

Quote Originally Posted by John Tony View Post
    Need? Sure. But everything I could want? Highly unlikely. Even Leo Pando's garage gym doesn't have everything I want, and he's got gear like an inversion table and a reverse-hyper.

Well opened my rogue boxes. Spotter arms and full deadlift jack !
    I better fix my deadlift. Wish I the arms fit s little different. If I could pin pipe Safties for bench and spotter arms for squat would be ideal. Can't cause they over lap. Either way I think I may shelve the pin pipe Safties. Spotter arms gonna be way easier to switch back and forth

Just added a few things to my garage gym:

EliteFTS Saftey Squat Yoke Bar (used)
    Gold's Gym 2x50# adjustable dumbbells w/stand (used)
    A small (12x14x16) Titan Plyo Box
    A 9 bar Titan floor bar holder
    100 lbs of economy bumper plates (4x10 and 4x15)
    4x6 1/2" rubber mat (used)
    Four 1 1/2# weights
    Six 2" washers (about .625# each)

Don't really need but still thinking about getting:

Concept 2 Model D Rower w/PM5 monitor
    Hampton Multi-Hex Deadlift Bar
    Rogue (or other) Multigrip Bar
    Last edited by swingshiftworker; 06-20-2016 at 08:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Herbison View Post
    Need? Sure. But everything I could want? Highly unlikely. Even Leo Pando's garage gym doesn't have everything I want, and he's got gear like an inversion table and a reverse-hyper.

I have a hard tiem believing that guy utilizes all of that in any way that would justify buying it all.

but hey, if thats what you want to spend money on instead of say a car, whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by swingshiftworker View Post
    Just added a few things to my garage gym:

EliteFTS Saftey Squat Yoke Bar (used)
    Gold's Gym 2x50# adjustable barbells w/stand (used)
    A small (12x14x16) Titan Plyo Box
    A 9 bar Titan floor bar holder
    100 lbs of economy bumper plates (4x10 and 4x15)
    4x6 1/2" rubber mat (used)
    Four 1 1/2# weights
    Six 2" washers (about .625# each)

Don't really need but still thinking about getting:

Concept 2 Model D Rower w/PM5 monitor
    Hampton Multi-Hex Deadlift Bar
    Rogue (or other) Multigrip Bar
    I kinda sorta regret buying one. I have to force myself to use it for warm ups and cooldowns. The prowler on the other hand, I use that a lot.

My next big garage gym spend is going to be insulating the thing properly. 3/4s of the outside wall is uninsulated, the roof is, and neither is the garage doors, and the garage doors have air gaps. It gets cold in the winter and no amount of heaters help.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by MattJ.D. View Post
    I kinda sorta regret buying one [a Concept 2 Model D Rower w/PM5 Monitor]. I have to force myself to use it for warm ups and cooldowns. The prowler on the other hand, I use that a lot.
    I understand. I already have a Lemond RevMaster Pro spin bike that is all I really need for cardio but I've been thinking about getting a Concept Rower for variety.

Missed out on a couple relatively new/used ones at $750 off of Craigslist but they got snatched up right away. All the rest are older models -- Model C's or D's w/PM2-4 monitors -- that people are trying to sell for $800 or more, which is really crazy since you can buy a brand new Concept 2 w/a PM5 monitor for $945 (including shipping).

No one is buying them because they are way over-priced but I have seen very few "reasonably" priced used Concept 2's for sale. So, I'll probably buy one direct from Concept at full price and if I decide to sell it, I know I can get rid of it easily for $750 which would make the net cost only $200 for that time I use it, which I think is a relatively safe bet even if I decide the rower is not for me in a year or so.
    Last edited by swingshiftworker; 06-20-2016 at 10:09 PM.