starting strength gym
Page 5 of 517 FirstFirst ... 345671555105505 ... LastLast

Thread: Garage gyms

Default Patio Gym

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Here is my gym. I work in a basement office so I look forward all day to evening workouts even in shitty weather.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by shenders99 View Post
    Nothing fancy here B&R bar, old used commercial rack, new Rouge bench, C2 Rower and 400 lbs of weights on a crappy platform. Oh and a curl bar coated in three inches of dust and cobwebs.
    I want a rower bad, and a real prowler, they're on my list of things to get, its shit that its gonna cost so much but whatever

Quote Originally Posted by MattJ.D. View Post
    I want a rower bad, and a real prowler, they're on my list of things to get, its shit that its gonna cost so much but whatever
    Two more months till I break on everything but the rower from not paying gym dues. Six months after that I'll be even on the rower too...

My next addition is probably gonna be a homemade ghr, as soon as I'm done fixing everything else around here...

Two more months till I break on everything but the rower from not paying gym dues. Six months after that I'll be even on the rower too...
    When I bought gym stuff the money saved from gym wasn't even in my head, I looked at it from a marginal cost to marginal benefits comparison and I felt the marginal benefits outweighed the marginal costs greatly. Tbh its gonna take me close over a decade to start saving money on this stuff instead of going to the gym, the gym is only $15 a month plus $30/year, so $210/year for gym, my stuff right now cost like ~$2600, so yeah it will be a while

the rower and prowler are on my list of things to get though, I was thinking of buying a nice binary cam bow or muzzle loading rifle to hunt but I'd only be able to do use it once a year to actually hunt and I feel cardio is more important

the benefits are though, that I dont have to drive anywhere, don't have to worry about other people, don't have to deal with shitty equipment, easier on schedule, and its not like I lose any benefits either because I've only lifted at shitty commercial gyms where the atmosphere sucked anyway
    Last edited by MattJ.D.; 10-19-2014 at 05:48 PM.

I live in an townhouse, so I have the rack where I squat and press upstairs:
    http://i.imgur.com/bW7tucX.jpg

I deadlift and PC in the garage downstairs:
    http://i.imgur.com/8eIcyHI.jpg

Sorry I don't know how to embed images or vids, LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by K.O. View Post
    I live in an townhouse, so I have the rack where I squat and press upstairs:
    http://i.imgur.com/bW7tucX.jpg

I deadlift and PC in the garage downstairs:
    http://i.imgur.com/8eIcyHI.jpg

Sorry I don't know how to embed images or vids, LOL.
    the little photo icon, between the film strip and globe-link icons

Nothing fancy here B&R bar, old used commercial rack, new Rouge bench, C2 Rower and 400 lbs of weights on a crappy platform. Oh and a curl bar coated in three inches of dust and cobwebs.
    The C2 in black looks way sweeter.
    Last edited by K.O.; 10-19-2014 at 06:06 PM.

the little photo icon, between the film strip and globe-link icons
    Ah, I'll try it next time. Thx.

starting strength coach development program
    When I bought gym stuff the money saved from gym wasn't even in my head
    In Australia most gyms are about $20pw, excepting only the 24hr unstaffed gyms which are $10pw, so there is a money saving after a couple of years, depending on how much you spend on your garage gym. Of course, I actually earn money from mine (not much, but growing) so it's different but...

As you say, the other benefits are great, too. So long as you have others to lift with, a garage gym is better than a mainstream gym for productive lifting.
    Last edited by Kyle Schuant; 10-19-2014 at 06:37 PM.

Page 5 of 517 FirstFirst ... 345671555105505 ... LastLast