starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Storage Unit as a Gym

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    We used to have strongman gym at a storage facility. Trained in a garage during the week for gym lifts and did strongman stuff on Saturday mornings. Yoke and farmers, etc. in parking lot and stones on platforms built in the actual storage unit. Sent 3 or 4 guys to worlds strongest man. I believe Reynolds has trained there.

They might frown on a power rack but they were amused by the strongman antics.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Hahn View Post
    Maybe you could find a garage space to rent? Others mentioned issues using the storage unit for something other than storage. Some other issues I can think of are:

- Restrooms, in case you shart a little after a heavy squat or DL
    - Heat/Air. You can go without air conditioning, but heat would be a must
    - Lighting. Some units have poor lighting and no electrical outlets.

I just opened up a home gym of sorts where I work. I'm loving it since I lift 6x per week on an upper/lower split. The workouts are shorter, so it's nice to do it right after work. The only downside is equipment, since I'm limited mainly to the large lifts right now. But I've made progress with the basics before, so I should be ok.
    Yeah - I've thought about all of that. I think a garage space would definitely be the most ideal for me, but it's hard to find someone just renting their garage. Having a gym where you work is clutch for sure.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12