starting strength gym

Thread: Rogue-equipped Hotel Gym Alert - Austin, TX

Default Rogue-equipped Hotel Gym Alert - Austin, TX

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Just got back from Austin and our hotel gym was awesome. If you can afford to stay at Omni Barton Creek, you should stay there. By "afford" I mean financially and time-wise (because it is in the burps a bit i think, NOT downtown.) it was a family trip for us, so we splurged a bit.

It is giant multi-level place, with one level being globo-gym style, and the other level being more CrossFit/S&C style. Rogue bars, Monster rig, C2 rowers, a couple of Echo bikes, etc. No steel plates, just bumpers, so you will still have trouble getting a 600# deadlift...but still the best hotel gym I have ever seen in person.

Pics here: Omni Barton Creek Gym - Google Photos

Did they force you to sign a waiver at the door?

No, but you do have to sign-in at the frodesk of the fitness center. They only thing they asked were hotel guest vs country club members - the fitness center is shared for both the hotel and the country club. I'm sure the 'waiver' is somewhere in the fine print when you check into the hotel / make reservations.

impressive place. The country club must be the driving force.

Very cool find. Looks like a 15-20 min drive from downtown, which is perfect for a getaway - close enough not to deter you from going in for some culture, far enough away that you get some quiet, nature, and space.