Questions About Starting Strength Style C-Channel Power Rack Questions About Starting Strength Style C-Channel Power Rack - Page 2

starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Questions About Starting Strength Style C-Channel Power Rack

Quote Originally Posted by danomite! View Post
    That is a lot of holes to drill. I have always had good luck with lennox hole saws. Just be sure to use a cutting fluid (tap magic is my go to and I strangely enjoy the smell). An alternative would be to contact a local machine shop that has a plasma table and offers cutting services. A buddy of mine has one at his home shop. Along with cutting the holes it could do any kind of logo/design/script (in whatever font) your heart desires.
    He's about to learn why people just buy the rack from TSS.

There's 100 holes in that picture. That's 100 to correctly mark, drill & debur. In a former life I built control panels for industrial plants. Every button hole had to be hole-sawed, knocked out with a hole punch then notched for the button and label to line up properly. We used the punch for the final diameter because of the rough edge the holesaw left. Those panels were not nearly as thick as the channel used on the SS racks. Electrical panel manufacturers these days will plasma cut all of the holes for a nominal fee before the panel is shipped to you. The labor & cost savings is night & day.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12