starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Questions About Starting Strength Style C-Channel Power Rack

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by danomite! View Post
    That is a lot of holes to drill. I have always had good luck with lennox hole saws. Just be sure to use a cutting fluid (tap magic is my go to and I strangely enjoy the smell). An alternative would be to contact a local machine shop that has a plasma table and offers cutting services. A buddy of mine has one at his home shop. Along with cutting the holes it could do any kind of logo/design/script (in whatever font) your heart desires.
    He's about to learn why people just buy the rack from TSS.

There's 100 holes in that picture. That's 100 to correctly mark, drill & debur. In a former life I built control panels for industrial plants. Every button hole had to be hole-sawed, knocked out with a hole punch then notched for the button and label to line up properly. We used the punch for the final diameter because of the rough edge the holesaw left. Those panels were not nearly as thick as the channel used on the SS racks. Electrical panel manufacturers these days will plasma cut all of the holes for a nominal fee before the panel is shipped to you. The labor & cost savings is night & day.

Google “ hole saw alternative for metal” there are various

They're called Annular Cutters or Hollow Core Cutters.
    We get them from McMaster Carr

If you want the thrill of the welding / fabrication but not the hassle of the cutting finding a machine shop with a "metal worker" .aka "Piranna" or "Hole punch" would be my suggestion: Piranha Metal Fabrication Equipment by MegaFab | We Build Things That Build Things

You can have them do westside or whatever other holes you want. Once the machine is set up they can punch it right out.

Hi Bob,

Your J-cup design sounds great, and I'm looking to make a rack based on Mark's design. Could you send me some photos as well? I put my email address in my profile's "about me" page. Thanks! Steve

Sent three pictures
    You can Use shorter bolts than those Photos show I got those for free lol

Or better yet make several sets so you don’t have to move them

When you build the rack orient the front uprights like those photos show and if you mount a set on the front of the rack for presses don’t use the pipe handle idea

Make sure you consider the clearance you need to tip them upright the racks in the photos I sent won’t stand up in a residential standard 8 ft ceiling height

starting strength coach development program
    Hi Bobman, I'm currently building my first rack/cage and I'm struggling to settle on a design for j-hooks. May I see your designs please ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12