starting strength gym

Thread: $1.76 deadlift wedge DIY

Default $1.76 deadlift wedge DIY

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    If you've seen those rubber deadlift wedges online and thought they could be built cheaper, you were right.

Here's how I did it using almost no tools and only paying $1.76.

Basically, take three layers of 5/16 trim from home depot and glue them to make a little staircase with a gap in the middle.

Here's how I did it
    Last edited by AndrewLewis; 10-29-2019 at 10:33 AM. Reason: Clarity
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.
    I answer all my emails: ALewis@StartingStrengthGyms.com

Looks good! Maybe spray it with some Plasti Dip to help the traction on the floor and protect the wood a bit? I'm not very handy so unless it's a multi purpose spray I wouldn't even bother. I mention that stuff because I have some and just used it to repair my spatula handle that I left hanging over the burner too long on my stove.

I'd prefer to use a polyurethane coat and stain to clean it up and protect it. All of the wooden equipment in my gym is tung-oiled white oak and red oak, so I'd rather keep that motif.
    I've used PlastiDip in the past, but only in its liquid "dip" form and I did a really bad job with it. I wasn't aware it came in an aerosol.

If you want something easy, pick up a water-based spray-on poly and do a few light coats with that.

I assure you, though, the wood has enough traction on its own.
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.
    I answer all my emails: ALewis@StartingStrengthGyms.com

Nice. I just assumed everyone rolled up on