Outdoor COVID19 home gym: Any advice? Outdoor COVID19 home gym: Any advice? - Page 2

starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Outdoor COVID19 home gym: Any advice?

• wichita falls texas december seminar 2020
    • wichita falls texas february 2021 seminar
    • starting strength seminar april 2021
    pool gazebo.jpg

Here's what the space looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by danomite! View Post
    Sweet, sounds like you will wind up with a nice set up. For reference I went with Rogue's calibrated steel plates for everything 25# & up and their change plates for 10# & under. I went with Vulcan Alpha bumpers for their low noise and snazzy color pattern. I got some PVC pipe to go over the pin & pipe safeties to help protect my bar. Pipe insulation may have been a better option.
    I kinda wish I'd gone with the Vulcan Alphas. I went with the Rogue Hi Temps--they seemed tough, relatively cheap, and I felt comfortable throwing money at Rogue given their exceptional reputation for customer service. if I get more bumpers, I'm going to get Alphas. How're you liking the calibrated Rogue plates?

Quote Originally Posted by Brahms View Post
    I kinda wish I'd gone with the Vulcan Alphas. I went with the Rogue Hi Temps--they seemed tough, relatively cheap, and I felt comfortable throwing money at Rogue given their exceptional reputation for customer service. if I get more bumpers, I'm going to get Alphas. How're you liking the calibrated Rogue plates?
    I really like the calibrated steel Rogue weights as well as the change plates. Both are accurate +/-10 grams. The Alphas are +/-1%. Initially I had gotten some cap brand weights for the low entry cost. The actual weight varied so much it triggered my OCD. I wound up selling them to a friend and buying the Rogues.

I may not be able to keep the bar inside the house on a regular basis due to space issues and a toddler. What's the next best thing? To buy a carry bag, and store it in the bag in a shed?

Quote Originally Posted by Brahms View Post
    I may not be able to keep the bar inside the house on a regular basis due to space issues and a toddler. What's the next best thing? To buy a carry bag, and store it in the bag in a shed?
    You can't roll it under a bed?

Quote Originally Posted by abnk View Post
    You can't roll it under a bed?
    I'm going to try that first.

starting strength coach development program
    What did you end up doing for an outdoor squat rack/stand? I wonder about the elements and the rack rusting, while I consider an outdoor gym (out of necessity).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12