starting strength gym

Thread: Squat Rack for low ceilings

Default Squat Rack for low ceilings

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hey first time poster here!

I知 looking into getting a squat rack for my basement but my ceilings are only 6.5ft and everything I知 looking at is too high. The rogue monster lite is the only thing I致e found so far, but I知 pretty new to this and didn稚 know if it was overkill to spend that much. Any suggestions?

Have you considered putting the gym in a better room?

You could look at the Titan T-2 rack, which is 71.5 inches in height. Some people don't like Titan. It's certainly not Rogue-level.

The Titan T2 short rack is 6'. I think it's about $300 give or take. I know nothing about the quality, good or bad, however.

Quote Originally Posted by Meaghan View Post
    Hey first time poster here!

I’m looking into getting a squat rack for my basement but my ceilings are only 6.5ft and everything I’m looking at is too high. The rogue monster lite is the only thing I’ve found so far, but I’m pretty new to this and didn’t know if it was overkill to spend that much. Any suggestions?

I got mine from rep fitness - think it's 80 inches so might be a tad high for you, but both Rogue and Rep Fitness offered to special cut the uprights to fit - sure they would do so for you too. The only problem is right now I think they are swamped with most public gyms closing. (Also, Titan has one at 72 inches - theirs are from China so last I checked all their racks were out of stock.)

If you have a saws-all or metal chop saw you could get a bolt together rack and cut it down yourself.

How tall are you? With only a 6.5 foot ceiling height are you going to be able to overhead press? You'll need the height of your hands over your head plus half the diameter of a 20kg (~45lb) plate which is 22.5 cm (~9 inches) and at least a little bit of extra space for overshoot and safety. I think you'd have to be close to 5 feet tall to make that work.

or you do a seated press in a low basement,

starting strength coach development program
    I bought a rack that was 4" too tall and to the posts to someone that could cut 4" off. I got the rack I wanted and made it fit.