starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does this flat bench works?

Default Does this flat bench works?

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hi again, fellas.

Please, can you tell me if could this bench work?

https://articulo.mercadolibre.com.ar..._JM?quantity=1

It's the best I can get. The measures are right. But this does not look exactly like the one of this article: How to Build a Home Gym | Mark Rippetoe

Thanks!

Dimensions? In Inches, por favor.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Dimensions? In Inches, por favor.
    Hi, master Rip.

Wide: 10,4

Long: 49,8

High: 18,1

Looks like junk, and it's too tall.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Looks like junk, and it's too tall.
    Damn, the others havenīt a lengthwise brace down the legs. These are the other options:

I guess all the ones I put in are junk. I think I should buy a bench with supports, at least these have the measures that you recommend. Thank you.

This is the best one I found: https://articulo.mercadolibre.com.ar..._JM?quantity=1

Looks strong.

Wide: 11,3

Long: 49,8

High: 18,1

Itīs as tall as the other but looks stronger. I think that I will buy it. Do you think I will have too many problems? Thanks and sorry for the flood.

Now I am between these two:

https://articulo.mercadolibre.com.ar...it-fabrica-_JM

https://articulo.mercadolibre.com.ar...per-oferta-_JM

Both conform to the IPF measures.

If anyone has any opinion ... I can't upload the photos, that's why I paste the links.

Anyway, I'll buy either one. Since you can't get anything else here.

Thanks!

Do you have access to a welder and get a 4 ft long, 10" wide and 2" thick solid wood block? Width can be 12" if you want to meet IPF standard. I can privately share the drawings of a very cheap but sturdy bench that you can easily make or get made. I hope Rip doesn't mind the design IPR infringement, if any.

Here is what I made:
    YouTube

I used 50x50x4 millimetre box channel for frame, 60x60x6 mm L angle for base, 8 mm thick plates for gussets. The frame is powder coated black (I like raw steel, but I live in a coastal town where corrosion is a serious issue). The bench is 430 millimetres (17") tall. Wood is of "Kadachi" tree (no idea what it is called in English, but you may use any furniture worthy wood). I gave it a clear varnish coat with matte finish even though it looks a bit glossy in the video because the paint is still drying. Total cost was about INR 5000/- (US $67).

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by PuliMorgan View Post
    Do you have access to a welder and get a 4 ft long, 10" wide and 2" thick solid wood block? Width can be 12" if you want to meet IPF standard. I can privately share the drawings of a very cheap but sturdy bench that you can easily make or get made. I hope Rip doesn't mind the design IPR infringement, if any.

Here is what I made:
    YouTube

I used 50x50x4 millimetre box channel for frame, 60x60x6 mm L angle for base, 8 mm thick plates for gussets. The frame is powder coated black (I like raw steel, but I live in a coastal town where corrosion is a serious issue). The bench is 430 millimetres (17") tall. Wood is of "Kadachi" tree (no idea what it is called in English, but you may use any furniture worthy wood). I gave it a clear varnish coat with matte finish even though it looks a bit glossy in the video because the paint is still drying. Total cost was about INR 5000/- (US $67).
    Hi, mate.

I forgot this topic because I thought that no one else was going to answer and because I ended up buying a pretty bad bank, although I could say that it works (although I don't know how long it will do, because the wooden board that he brought is crap).

I really appreciate your input. Could you private me those drawings? I don't have those tools and I'm actually very bad at working metal and wood, but I have a relative with a welder and he works really well (maybe I should have asked him to build it).

Thank you very much!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast