starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does this flat bench works?

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by PuliMorgan View Post
    Do you have access to a welder and get a 4 ft long, 10" wide and 2" thick solid wood block? Width can be 12" if you want to meet IPF standard. I can privately share the drawings of a very cheap but sturdy bench that you can easily make or get made. I hope Rip doesn't mind the design IPR infringement, if any.

Here is what I made:
    YouTube

I used 50x50x4 millimetre box channel for frame, 60x60x6 mm L angle for base, 8 mm thick plates for gussets. The frame is powder coated black (I like raw steel, but I live in a coastal town where corrosion is a serious issue). The bench is 430 millimetres (17") tall. Wood is of "Kadachi" tree (no idea what it is called in English, but you may use any furniture worthy wood). I gave it a clear varnish coat with matte finish even though it looks a bit glossy in the video because the paint is still drying. Total cost was about INR 5000/- (US $67).
    I just saw the video of your bench. WOW. It is the same as the SS Bench. Congrats.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthernLifter View Post
    Hi, mate.

I forgot this topic because I thought that no one else was going to answer and because I ended up buying a pretty bad bank, although I could say that it works (although I don't know how long it will do, because the wooden board that he brought is crap).

I really appreciate your input. Could you private me those drawings? I don't have those tools and I'm actually very bad at working metal and wood, but I have a relative with a welder and he works really well (maybe I should have asked him to build it).

Thank you very much!
    Sure friend, I can send in the drawings. But how do I know your e-mail ID?

Quote Originally Posted by PuliMorgan View Post
    Sure friend, I can send in the drawings. But how do I know your e-mail ID?
    southernlifter44@gmail.com

I would appreciate if you can send them to me. You only get shit built around here. I've even had to send a rack to a neighboring welder that I bought because it came lousily built. Let's see if I can send a decent bank with your drawings ...

Thanks very much !!

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthernLifter View Post
    [email]southernlifter44@gmail.com[/email

I would appreciate if you can send them to me. You only get shit built around here. I've even had to send a rack to a neighboring welder that I bought because it came lousily built. Let's see if I can send a decent bank with your drawings ...

Thanks very much !!

I have sent the sketch.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12