starting strength gym

Thread: Any scuttlebutt on the SS Bar being back in stock?

Default Any scuttlebutt on the SS Bar being back in stock?

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Forgive me if I just haven't found the relevant thread, but does anyone have any idea when the SS 20K bar will be back in stock? Only place i know to buy one is Texas Power Bars | Texas Deadlift Bar | Texas Squat Bar | Powerlifting Barbell & Bar Original and they've been out of stock for close to 2 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Chandler View Post
    Forgive me if I just haven't found the relevant thread, but does anyone have any idea when the SS 20K bar will be back in stock? Only place i know to buy one is Texas Power Bars | Texas Deadlift Bar | Texas Squat Bar | Powerlifting Barbell & Bar Original and they've been out of stock for close to 2 months.
    I was waiting on it to come in stock too, but just decided to buy the Texas Power Bar instead, so I can get going with my training.Still a 6-8 week lead time, but at least the ball is rolling!

I hear ya. I've got a trash beater bar that is at least giving me the leeway to wait for it.

I talked to Capps Welding today. The SS 20 can be ordered now, ETA 6 weeks.

Ordered! Excited! Thanks Rip.

If you happen to circle back to see this, I live in the 110% humidity of Houston, TX. Can I keep bare steel indefinitely in my garage with regular oiling and care, or do I just need to store this thing inside?

FYI TO OTHERS - the site still says "Out of Stock" but previously I had not been able to add the bar to the cart. Good now!

Just bring the bar inside when you get through training.

The website says 6-8 weeks and the auto reply with FAQ says that fulfillment is "shipping within approximately 1 week of these times as listed."
    However, there are a number of reviews for several of the bars from customers who have ordered more than two months ago with no update. my order is going on week 8.

starting strength coach development program
    Got the SS Bar - gorgeous - sticks to my hands like glue.

Rip - or anyone else - have any wisdom on applying gun-blue to a bar to stave off some rust (to at least reduce heavy cleanings or maybe be able to keep it outside - I know, that may be a fantasy)?

Only found a couple mentions on the forums here, and it seems not to be in most the bar-care regimens on the all-knowing interwebs. But I can't find any pros/cons.

Appreciate it.