starting strength gym

Thread: An easy hack to load the bar for deadlift (inside an SS Rack)

Unhappy An easy hack to load the bar for deadlift (inside an SS Rack)

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Due to space constraints in home gym cum wife's Work from Office Space cum Son's bed room, I have to deadlift inside my power rack. In this set up, loading the bar with 20 kg plates isn't easy because the power rack posts come in the way. Also, I store the weight plates on the rear posts of the rack, again to save the space for a weight rack. So this is what I did:

Video: YouTube

I made two extra M30 bolts which are a bit longer than the bolts being used as the hooks. These bolts are inserted near the bottom. You can easily load and unload the plates after keeping the bar on them as demonstrated in the video.

You can use this hack even if you are deadlifting outside the rack and find it cumbersome to load the plates.

I have load tested the bolts upto 180 kgs (396 pounds) which is the maximum weight I have. I am sure that they can take more, but you may want to reduce the overhang length if you wish to load real heavy.

Alternate use: I also use these pins as steps to reach the chin up bar.

(To the admin: background music is the violin cover by one of our local city bands to Nothing Else Matters by Metallica. I guess there is no copyright infringement).

Quote Originally Posted by PuliMorgan View Post
    (To the admin: background music is the violin cover by one of our local city bands to Nothing Else Matters by Metallica. I guess there is no copyright infringement).
    I changed the BGM to a free copyright one.

This too is cool.

Do you have your own machine shop? I can’t recall from your other threads.

Quote Originally Posted by VNV View Post
    This too is cool.

Do you have your own machine shop? I can’t recall from your other threads.
    No, I don't own a machine shop. But I have a Mechanical Engineering degree. Even though I work in a different field now, I still know how to make the production drawings using AutoCAD. I then get these things made at a local machine shop.