HVAC for a garage gym HVAC for a garage gym - Page 2

starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HVAC for a garage gym

• wichita falls texas december seminar 2020
    • wichita falls texas february 2021 seminar
    • starting strength seminar april 2021
    When I train in the garage, I find it's well worth it to rest longer between worksets so i can duck back inside and the central a/c can help cool me off. I also drink water and Gatorade, but too much of the latter seems to bother my stomach bending over in the starting position of deadlift (belted).

Not sure if it helps with the heat, but I also eat a roll of Smarties before top worksets, because they are pure dextrose, a simple carb source I have heard Robert Santana recommend here for intraworkout.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlocity2 View Post
    When I train in the garage, I find it's well worth it to rest longer between work sets so I can duck back inside and the central a/c can help cool me off
    Yeah! Sometimes I just go back into the house between sets too. Especially if I don't get to train until the afternoon. The problem is I go back to work (office work) between sets, loose focus and the next thing I know I've been training/working for 3 hours. I suppose that in and of itself isn't a bad thing. Always feel a little weird about it. Like it shouldn't take me so long to finish my session.

starting strength coach development program
    A good fan and extra shirts are a must, as are cool drinks. A towel is also very helpful to stop you running through chalk too fast. I've looked at walling off a section of my garage to insulate to just be my gym, but I can never justify the cost. As others have said, you'll never cool down the entire garage, especially if the door is not insulated.

Training in the evening is good. I used to train early in the morning but found my sleep was terrible - I would dread waking up early and that would keep me awake.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12