Ed, the leak is on the ground! When water pools in the back, it leaks into the garage. So I have to figure out how to do a French drain.....

Lastly, when I trained for my triathlons, my bike, which was hooked up to the, was OUTSIDE on our porch. Every ride I did was on there. So this is nothing new for me.

If I can figure out how to create some shade on the roof, that would help a little bit. Not sure how I could do that though.

Quote Originally Posted by EdTice View Post
I'm glad you have a place to lift. I am not an HVAC expert and haven't worked with HVAC since a high school job. Although you have a (leaky) roof, the building you are using is going to have so many air leaks that, yeah, in Florida weather, you aren't going to be able to have any meaningful effect on the climate in there unless you buy a 10ton commercial A/C unit and have the air vents directly above the platform. Even then you won't change the garage temperature, just be cooling yourself. I need to find a way to bookmark your post The next time I complain that my garage is too hot, I'm going to remind myself that your level of determination is much higher than mine. Best of luck with your training.

You are tougher than me. I keep looking for better solutions that won't cost a fortune. Unfortunately I've probably put in a lot of time and effort for little return. Like most things, I guess you should either be all-in or go home. Next year I'll probably get real AC installed in the garage. Unfortunately, to do it right, I have to first fence in the yard and then do it surreptitiously because installing a dedicated AC unit would violate HOA rules of converting a garage to living space. Alternatively I can get the AC from the house extended out to the garage. I could also insulate the doors better but I worry about insulating metal doors since that could trap moisture. At some point I might even put curtains on the windows to reduce light (and heat). As a short-term step, the next time I have an electrician here, I may replace the two overhead lights with high-volume ceiling fans. That might be enough that anything else isn't worth the effort. I guess I should go research ceiling fans now. Not that decorative crap but ones that can move some serious air.