starting strength gym

Thread: 2 car garage?

Default 2 car garage?

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    We are moving to a new house soon. It has a two car garage. Wife plans on parking on one side. I was just wanting to know how much and if there is enough room for a power rack and all the other crap that goes into a garage. Like bikes and lawn equipment ect....
    Last resort is having to buy one of those wall mount racks. Then I could park my car in there too.
    Thanks,

In one bay of my garage I have a RML-690, above ground tornado shelter, 2 gun safes, some shelving and store the kids' bikes, scooters, etc.... Granted I have to move the bikes when I lift but that just takes a minute. The space my lifting area takes up is 10' x 12' or (6) stall mats. It can be done in less space but I like the elbow room. I park my truck in the driveway. Plotting & planning is fun. Enjoy!

I have a 2-car garage and park inside. Second bay holds a Rogue R-3 rack on a 6'x8' platform. I sometimes have to move the bikes to get to the chest freezer, but I'm quite happy with the arrangement.

The garage we have now is to awkward for one person to park in the garage and the other outside not being in the way. So we both park outside now. I have all kinds of room to lift.
    New house the boss wants to park in the garage. I get the other side. I’m just hoping I still have enough room to lift. Need to trash her treadmill.lol it never gets used except from my son. He needs to gain weight not lose it.

Measure it all so you'll know what you're working with. I have a deep RM-4 that fits in about 6' of depth with nearly 2' clearance against the wall for spotting. Add another 4' for a platform and it's 10'. You can overlap that with your car by a couple of feet because your bumper will hang over the platform so that gets it down to 8' and with a normal size rack it would be only 6'.

Width might be a bigger problem because stalls can be as narrow as 8' and your bar is over 7'.

If you can set it up so your car fits in it keeps junk from accumulating in your side of the garage.

starting strength coach development program
    It depends, if course, on how much stuff you have and space you want.

I have a Titan T3 rack on an 8x8 platform. I have an adjustable bench I roll in and out of the rack. Next to it is a 2nd bench and a tree for plate storage, a Rogue echo bike, and a resting place for a titan pro sled that gets pushed around the driveway. I have some wall space for shelves and bar storage. The whole deal takes up 2/3 to maybe 3/4 of a single car space in our garage. It’s tight, and requires moving things around a bit during workouts, but doesn’t encroach on the adjacent parking space.