starting strength gym

Thread: B&R Bar and Rust

Default B&R Bar and Rust

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    After waiting nearly 9 weeks for my Texas Power Bar; with no communication from the company, I cancelled my order after seeing the Rogue B&R bar was back in stock.

The only small dilemma I have is that I have a garage gym in a high humidity climate. I like the patina look - but not flat out rust.

I know 3-1 oil or WD-40 is mentioned for maintenance but I dislike the lingering smell of both. I’m curious if Japanese knife/sword oil will be suitable? I use it on some of my tools and it’s awesome stuff, but its viscosity is a bit different and DOES NOT come off unless washed.

Anybody have any experience with a bare steel bar? Am I overthinking this?

Keep your bar inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Keep your bar inside.
    I'll do my best. My wife is going to fight me on that one.

My husband made a pretty vertical bar hanger to minimize the aesthetic impact. It hangs right next to the door and is very unobtrusive. You can get similar ones on Amazon for $40 or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Elle View Post
    My husband made a pretty vertical bar hanger to minimize the aesthetic impact. It hangs right next to the door and is very unobtrusive. You can get similar ones on Amazon for $40 or so.
    Always good to get a woman's perspective. Thanks, Elle. Knowing me, I'd have tried to disguise its position on the living room floor by surrounding it with the pillows I'm not allowed to use, from the couch I'm not allowed to sit on.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank_B View Post
    Anybody have any experience with a bare steel bar? Am I overthinking this?
    I have a B&R 2.0 but humidity is not a problem here in inland SoCal.

Anything you apply can be removed so just use your fancy stuff and let us know how it works.

Hahaha something tells me she can sense those pillows move from clean across the house.

This is similar to the one we have. Having a proper hanger for it lessens the likelihood of the thing falling over on me, or me tripping over it, which are two solid bonuses.

Robot Check

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Elle View Post

This is similar to the one we have.
    Thanks, Elle. Ordered!

And yes, the movement of the pillows clearly alerts her in some way that I have yet to figure out.