Lifting shoe recommendation Lifting shoe recommendation - Page 2

starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lifting shoe recommendation

• wichita falls texas december seminar 2020
    • wichita falls texas february 2021 seminar
    • starting strength seminar april 2021
    Hello all, I'm new to the forum and new to strength training. I'm not trying to hijack the thread but I'm a little confused about which shoes to purchase also. I'm 6'2" 210lbs and everything I read tells me to get the Adidas powerlift because of the low heel for doing low bar squats. But as far as I can see, they're about the only ones with a low heel. I'd like to get a pair of the do-win classics, but they have a .75" heel. Am I stuck with the adidas as my only choice? I don't mind spending the extra money for a better shoe, but I cant find a better shoe with a low heel. Or does the low heel not matter that much and just buy the shoes I like? Thanks.

starting strength coach development program
    You certainly are not stuck with the Adidas as your only choice, and other weightlifting shoes work Just Fine. The absolute perfect height for a weightlifting shoe is dependent on the lifter; although, a 5/8 inch heel gets almost everyone where they need to be everytime they to be there and functions as a sweet spot between the half and three quarters of an inch. I personally have the Nike Romaleos with three quarters of an inch heel raise, and I do well with these because of my not-so-limber ankles and particular anthropometry. I suggest that you read Rip's article, Shoes | Mark Rippetoe.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12