starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rogue Power Rack

Default Rogue Power Rack

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I'm looking to invest in a home gym in order to focus on the starting strength lifts.

Would you guys recommend a rogue power rack? I want one that will allow me to squat and bench without a spotter. Was eyeing this one: Rogue RM-4 Monster Rack 2.0 | Rogue Fitness

I've had the RML-390F for 6 years. Its pretty much bomb proof.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Brophy View Post
    I've had the RML-390F for 6 years. Its pretty much bomb proof.
    I'm looking at that one now for an outdoor home gym.

A quick plug for SSC Grant's "The General", coming in at a similar price point and perfectly suited for SS lifts, although it's too short for me (6ft tall) to do presses inside the rack. Otherwise, everything else is safely done inside.

Oh, and likely available now, unlike Rogue who has been slammed for most of this year. I ordered mine earlier this month on a Friday, delivered the following Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Anders View Post
    A quick plug for SSC Grant's "The General", coming in at a similar price point and perfectly suited for SS lifts, although it's too short for me (6ft tall) to do presses inside the rack. Otherwise, everything else is safely done inside.

Oh, and likely available now, unlike Rogue who has been slammed for most of this year. I ordered mine earlier this month on a Friday, delivered the following Wednesday.
    The General looks pretty good, but man that is pricey compared to the Rogue RML-390F (although they have one in stock at least). I'm just over 5'8" and wonder if I could do presses inside the rack with the General? I don't see the height dimensions for that. Anybody else have any positive or negative experience with the General?

Quote Originally Posted by Smyth View Post
    I'm just over 5'8" and wonder if I could do presses inside the rack with the General? I don't see the height dimensions for that.
    Inside-the-rack clearance for presses measures just over 79" on mine. I'm 6'00" and if I spread my feet out to touch the insides of rack, I still need another inch of clearance for a locked-out press.

Since I'm 6'6" should I get a tall power rack? Like the Rogue RM-4 108" high?

What is even the difference between rogue monster and monster lite?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I am looking seriously at this. I'd like the option of shortening it, but I don't think that is available right now.

starting strength coach development program
    Ask TSS if they can make you a short one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast