starting strength gym

Thread: Correcting Standard size to Olympic easily

Default Correcting Standard size to Olympic easily

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    After COVID hit and closed down gyms for 2 months my wife and I decided to invest in a home gym in the garage. I have been doing the 5x5 Strong Lifts and currently giving SS a try. So I am used to BB training. My wife ordered our plates through her gym's owner. When they came in, he pointed out that they are not the height they should be for my intended use. These are the plates we currently own.

To correct this issue, I am using a combination of weight plates and mats. However, it can get tiresome switching plates and moving stuff around BEFORE I even attempt to lift the weight. Also, it wastes a lot of time for setting stuff up and trying to get the bar as straight as possible. Additionally, when I come down on DL's or Rows the plates lose their original placement and make the bar uneven/not as parallel.

I'm hoping someone out there has a hack, device (handmade or available to buy) or idea to correct this. Something that keeps the bar at 17.75" off of the ground. I've knocked around some ideas myself but wanted to see if anything out there already exists and I won't have to invest any time in creating something myself.

Thanks in advance!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Just get a single pair of 45s that are the correct diameter.