starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buying a Capps b&r for the U.K.

Default Buying a Capps b&r for the U.K.

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Anyone know if I get one of these shipped to me in the U.K. ? On the website there is only Canada and USA options. I can get the Rogue version, but I’ve a hankering after the Buddy Capps.

Between the two, my concern would be that even if the Capps bar could be shipped to you, it is out of stock and showing a production time of 8 weeks unlike the Rogue version which is currently available. When I was deciding between a Rogue Ohio Power Bar and the Texas Power Bar, I went with the OPB because it was in stock and there were reviews that mentioned the excessive delays for shipment of the Texas Power Bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Logan1 View Post
    Between the two, my concern would be that even if the Capps bar could be shipped to you, it is out of stock and showing a production time of 8 weeks unlike the Rogue version which is currently available. When I was deciding between a Rogue Ohio Power Bar and the Texas Power Bar, I went with the OPB because it was in stock and there were reviews that mentioned the excessive delays for shipment of the Texas Power Bar.
    I can’t get a Rogue either-Rogue Europe have the usual ‘notify me’. I had a look at the Kabuki bars and they aren’t available until after October because of the difficulty in getting the steel. Looks to me that this is going to be a new world of high demand and zero supply.

Quote Originally Posted by Nockian View Post
    I can’t get a Rogue either-Rogue Europe have the usual ‘notify me’. I had a look at the Kabuki bars and they aren’t available until after October because of the difficulty in getting the steel. Looks to me that this is going to be a new world of high demand and zero supply.
    Sorry to hear that. Do you currently have a bar that works reasonably well? If so, I would wait until I could get one of my top choices. What I did while gyms were closed is bought things that I would be Ok with first and later resold them when I found what I wanted. Unlike a lot of people here, I didn't try to make money on the things I sold.

If you're not wedded to the SS bar, the E-Coat version of the Ohio Power Bar, which I have, due to the coating doesn't appear to have as aggressive a knurl as the bare steel version. Perhaps Mark or one of the other SS coaches can tell you how the knurling on the two bars compare. When suggesting other options due to a lack of availability, I not trying to talk you out of the SS bar which is undoubtedly a great option.

Sorry to hear that. Do you currently have a bar that works reasonably well? If so, I would wait until I could get one of my top choices. What I did while gyms were closed is bought things that I would be Ok with first and later resold them when I found what I wanted. Unlike some people near where I live, I didn't try to make money on the things I sold.

If you're not wedded to the SS bar, the E-Coat version of the Ohio Power Bar, which I have, due to the coating doesn't appear to have as aggressive a knurl as the bare steel version. Perhaps Mark or one of the other SS coaches can tell you how the knurling on the two bars compare. When suggesting other options due to a lack of availability, I not trying to talk you out of the SS bar which is undoubtedly a great option.
    Fixed.

Sorry to hear that. Do you currently have a bar that works reasonably well? If so, I would wait until I could get one of my top choices. What I did while gyms were closed is bought things that I would be Ok with first and later resold them when I found what I wanted. Unlike a lot of people here, I didn't try to make money on the things I sold.

I don’t have a bar, rack, bench or weights as yet. I’m reliant on the Gym and it looks increasingly as if the possibility of another round of lockdown closures is on the way. I’m not wedded to the SS bar-at this point, preference has gone out of the window.

I found a weird Gold ATX power bar in stock in the U.K., so pushed the button on that one. I’m going to have to fit the power rack with candelabras.

I don’t have a bar, rack, bench or weights as yet. I’m reliant on the Gym and it looks increasingly as if the possibility of another round of lockdown closures is on the way. I’m not wedded to the SS bar-at this point, preference has gone out of the window.
    The good news is that supply is catching up with demand, so hopefully you will have enough time to get the equipment that you want while things are still open. Because of the additional costs of getting heavy items made in the US delivered to you, what I might pick as a US resident won't necessarily be what you would pick even if we both had the same preferences.

The good news is that supply is catching up with demand, so hopefully you will have enough time to get the equipment that you want while things are still open. Because of the additional costs of getting heavy items made in the US delivered to you, what I might pick as a US resident won't necessarily be what you would pick even if we both had the same preferences.
    I have two choices really; ATX or Bulldog. ATX have a good reputation, so I’m going to go with them as the equipment becomes available as I’ve now bought one of their bars.

starting strength coach development program
    I found a weird Gold ATX power bar in stock in the U.K., so pushed the button on that one. I’m going to have to fit the power rack with candelabras.
    Specs look good. Matching plates and rack next?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast