starting strength gym

Thread: Finally building my home gym?

Default Finally building my home gym?

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I'm from Italy, 25 years old.
    Things are not looking good here and in my opinion a second lockdown is coming soon, for God knows how long.
    And this time I want to be prepared for it, but I wanted some advice from you guys.
    My idea would be to rent a garage and I would love to buy the SS equipment from texas strength systems (I emailed them and hopefully they can ship here) and some york plates.
    I could buy cheaper equipment here in Europe but my thought is if I can buy something high quality that lasts me a lifetime, why not make the investement?
    Another reason would be, since my goal is to become an SSC, I could use the home gym to eventually start coaching people and I was thinking about starting something online like an Instagram channel and share my journey to start getting some locals to know me (and at the same time "sponsor" starting strength).
    This would be a big investment but noCooact something too critical financially (aka I wouldn't be broke afterwards).
    I think this whole covid situation requires us to take action in order to keep living our life like we want and not wait on the government to tell us what to do which I'm tired of doing honestly.
    Is this a good plan? I'm thinking I should do this regardless of the covid situation so that I don't have to train in a shitty commercial gym anymore and actually start my development as a future SSC.

It's always a good idea to be in control of your own situation. There is no better equipment than ours, and you would not be wasting the money.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    It's always a good idea to be in control of your own situation. There is no better equipment than ours, and you would not be wasting the money.
    I'm pretty sure about that, I'm not sure about the shipping and the time, it would take at least 8 weeks, IF they ship here and IF they don't close the borders to international shipping. I'll probably have to go with other equipment which is available sooner here, and then sell it later on, cause I definetely will buy yours. You gotta start somewhere right?
    Thank you for the reply and for making such high quality equipment