starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is this rack ok ?

Default Is this rack ok ?

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Rogue RML390BT - literally the only rack available. Hoping it will do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Nockian View Post
    Yes, without any hesitation. If available, I would get the model with 30" depth. Any 3x3" rack with 11 gauge steel will be incredibly sturdy. for example, I have a Tall Titan X-3 flat foot rack with similar specs that has a 1500 lb. rated capacity.

Glad to hear that the process of outfitting the home gym is coming along.

Quote Originally Posted by Nockian View Post
    I'm pretty sure Santana has four or five of the RML-3 racks, referenced in the Rogue catalog as being similar to the RML390BT, in his gym (Phoenix Gym – Weights and Plates). I like 'em.

This is the 3x3 version of the one I have. I've had it for 5 years. It's solid. I like it more than the longer version.
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.
    I answer all my emails: ALewis@StartingStrengthGyms.com

What is your concern about it?

If you like, you can ship it to my house and I will test if for you, hehehe.

It looks like a fine rack.

Cheers chaps. All good to hear. It was purely a snap purchase, same as the bar. Usually I research the hell out of what I’m buying, but it’s turned into a bran tub spree just picking out whatever is available. I’ve just bought some steel plates and could only get 2x25Kg and 8x15Kg which was annoying as 15Kg plates are about the most useless plate size possible, but if I want to train through this latest shutdown I just have to bite the bullet.

Plates and bench arrived. Neighbour is sorting me out some 10, 5, 2.5K he has kicking about. Rack is on its way. Need to get the rack erected and positioned first, then I’m going to build a deadlift platform. Should be training again in a week or so. Can’t wait. Fuck the Government closing Gyms, but that can’t stop me.

This is a great rack. The only real issue is the width of the RML series which is 2” wider than the R line (so the uprights are thicker, but instead of reducing the width of the crossmembers to compensate they have left them unchanged). This means you might hit the uprights with your plates if your lifts are not centred.

Fairly minor issue, but thought I’d mention.

There are some decent UK (I think you’re UK based) racks back in stock at the moment, but the Rogue is a great option as well.

Quote Originally Posted by CrouchingWayne View Post
    This is a great rack. The only real issue is the width of the RML series which is 2” wider than the R line (so the uprights are thicker, but instead of reducing the width of the crossmembers to compensate they have left them unchanged). This means you might hit the uprights with your plates if your lifts are not centred.

Fairly minor issue, but thought I’d mention.

There are some decent UK (I think you’re UK based) racks back in stock at the moment, but the Rogue is a great option as well.
    I didn’t know where to start. Rogue came out at a good price and was available. I kept looking through U.K. websites and when I got to the point where an order was possible got that ‘notify me’, ‘currently out of stock’ or ‘available March 21’.

starting strength coach development program
    You’ve got a great product coming, enjoy it in good health! I think I saw in another thread that you have an ATX bar as well - I’ve been using one for quite a few years now and I think you will be happy with it.

Is yours the gold one? I have the Ram. I think they are similar build, obviously colour to one side....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast