starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SS Barbell Questions

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    The knurl is different on the two bars.

I currently own both the Ohio Power Bar and the Starting Strength Bar.

I honestly think the grip is the best grip I’ve used on a bar. I was very nervous about deadlifts ripping up my hands after 9 months of not doing anything. I actually lost all of my callouses in that time. Very secure in my hands. Didn’t rip up my hands at all. I started lifting maybe 4 weeks ago just did 365x5 felt good callouses are developing nicely.

The circumference makes huge difference for me since I have hands that are the same size of a small child’s. I had no idea the feel of a 29mm bar and a 28.5 in your hands would be that different in a deadlift.

The OPB spin is complete shit compared to the SSB.

I’d say overall I like the SS Bar better. Some people like having the 29mm for the pressing or if they compete in powerlifting. It’s really not that big of a deal to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Smyth View Post
    Anybody have any scoop on how soon the SS bar may be available to order again?
    They are available to order at:

Starting Strength Bars | Made by Texas Power Bars | Powerlifting Barbell & Bars

I ordered mine in late July and got it about a month ago (about 3 months). At that time, the lead time said 7-8 weeks. Now, it says 3-4 weeks.

starting strength coach development program
    I bought the 20kg and the 10kg SS bars, a little over a week ago, and I got emails today saying they are on their way. Hell yes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12