starting strength gym

Thread: Source for change plates

Default Source for change plates

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Anybody know someplace that has 2.5 and 5 lb change plates in stock?

I’ve got everything I need for my home gym setup except those and the douchebags on eBay that have them want $250 for a pair of Rogue 5lb plates...

Use Google and do some searching. There's a lot less demand for change plates than for 45s. I got a beautiful pair of Ivanko 1 1/4 plates direct from Ivanko a few weeks ago. Even Rogue will have some occasionally. I just ordered several Troy premium plates including 45s from Tredder a couple of weeks ago although they say it will take 8 to 10 weeks to ship.

Forgot, Strength Co has them in stock. Beautifully made in the USA.

Quote Originally Posted by SpazTheCat View Post

I’ve got everything I need for my home gym setup except those and the douchebags on eBay that have them want $250 for a pair of Rogue 5lb plates...
    How restrictive are your criteria? If all you want are rubber coated 2.5 and 5 lb plates from a decent company the costs will be much lower than the cost of change plates from a particular manufacturer. Although the width of Rep V2 rubber coated plates are greater than for the company's change plates, the reviews are great and pairs of 2.5 lb plates are $9 and 5 lb plates are $18 plus shipping. Although both sizes were in stock yesterday, I believe the 2.5's aren't available at the moment. For 1.25 lb change plates, Titan is a good option.

Quote Originally Posted by SpazTheCat View Post

VillainUSA uses the same manufacturer as Rogue (the colored, rubber coated ones)...really nice stuff even though it is from China. It is priced competitively with Rogue's website.

I also have some other change plates I'm looking to offload. Rusty.

If you're really in a bind, you can cut 2" holes into 2x4s and make four 1.25lb plates.
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.
    I answer all my emails: ALewis@StartingStrengthGyms.com

Micro Gainz started making bigger plates.
    2.5 are 30 bucks and a pair of 5s are 45.

starting strength coach development program
    Thanks for all the suggestions. I had been looking at Rogue and Vulcan as those were the companies that came up most frequently when I searched. I’m definitely not set on either and would take anything I can get.