starting strength gym

Thread: Rogue availability

Default Rogue availability

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Some equipment (squat stands, plates, bars) will say "Out of Stock" while others have "Notify Me" option. Anybody know why the difference? If something is out of stock with no notify-me option, does that mean it will be in stock no time soon if ever? What's the deal? I need me some equipment!

I'm not sure of the difference myself. However I just launched a website (see the thread below this one) which scans several vendors for availability, including Rogue: Ironscanner Scraper - Home

The site also sends out email notifications when items come back in stock. You may find this function useful to bridge the gap you've found on Rogue's site (where some items have a Notify Me option and others don't). To sign up for email notifications you can log in with your Google account using the button in the top right. Hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by Smyth View Post
    Some equipment (squat stands, plates, bars) will say "Out of Stock" while others have "Notify Me" option. Anybody know why the difference? If something is out of stock with no notify-me option, does that mean it will be in stock no time soon if ever? What's the deal? I need me some equipment!
    In Europe I just filtered for things in stock. Turns out they had one rack and it was exactly what I wanted. Took about two weeks to arrive. They had no plates or bars, so I had to find alternatives.

That's kind of what I suspect, that the Out of Stock means it's unknown or indefinite when it'll be available again. As for the Notify Me option, forget it. I tried that when looking for a bar this summer and by the time I was notified the ones I was looking at were available, they were already sold out. So I got an Okie Power Bar from Ricky Crain, who has or had them in stock - crain.ws. For plates, I've had my best success with the Rogue Mil-Spec Echo Bumpers, and now have two pairs of their 45s to supplement my CAP iron set. At $126 a pair, that's a pretty good deal. What I do is check early in the day, around 9AM and from the plates page, click the In Stock button, then again around lunchtime. If something is in stock that I'm looking for, I waste no time placing an order. Also, if you haven't registered on their site or have your credit card info input yet, it saves a lot of time and averts the possibility something marked in stock will be sold out from under you while you're submitting an order - it happened to me once on plates. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Cavazos View Post
    I'm not sure of the difference myself. However I just launched a website (see the thread below this one) which scans several vendors for availability, including Rogue: Ironscanner Scraper - Home

The site also sends out email notifications when items come back in stock. You may find this function useful to bridge the gap you've found on Rogue's site (where some items have a Notify Me option and others don't). To sign up for email notifications you can log in with your Google account using the button in the top right. Hope this helps!
    Thank you. I'll give it a try. Appreciate you putting that together.

Quote Originally Posted by Nockian View Post
    In Europe I just filtered for things in stock. Turns out they had one rack and it was exactly what I wanted. Took about two weeks to arrive. They had no plates or bars, so I had to find alternatives.
    Thanks. Pretty much nothing that I am looking for is available. Some items say "notify me" while others are just "out of stock."

Thanks. Pretty much nothing that I am looking for is available. Some items say "notify me" while others are just "out of stock."
    If you want something fast at this point, then you don’t get to choose the exact thing you want. I had to cobble together things I wouldn’t have chosen, purely because they were in stock and available. I’ve ended up with a very lurid gold coloured bar and 15Kg thin steel plates -luckily I got a pair of 25Kg 450mm plates so I can deadlift without blocks. I had to spend a lot of time trawling through suppliers I’d have normally ignored. eBay is throwing up a few half decent bars now in the U.K. such as the Bison bar from Wolviston fitness.

starting strength coach development program
    Earlier this year, when I spoke with someone at Rep about the company's Alpha plates, I was told that the company would be selling individual plates when they come in stock but had no plans to sell sets of plates this year.

The items that appear to be listed out of stock on Rogue's website are things are unlikely to be made available anytime in the near future. For example, sets of plates with free shipping show as out of stock and individual plates have the notify me option. My guess is that there is no need to offer quantity discounts or free shipping at a time when demand exceeds supply.