starting strength gym

Thread: SS barbell availability

Default SS barbell availability

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Anybody hearing anything about when they might have these back in stock?

I wonder if I might be misunderstanding the situation. The SS bar shows as out of stock, but it appears you may be able to order it with a 3-4 week delay in them having it available to ship. Anybody know if that is correct?

I got an email response from Texas Power Bar: the production time for the bar is currently around 2-4 weeks from the order date. I ordered one this morning.

Now I have a question for anyone who knows: why do the 10kg and 15kg SS bars lack a center knurl? I am thinking of picking one up for my wife, who is looking at starting the SS program (56y/o).

Have you called them and asked? Seems like they would be the ones with the most current/correct answers.

Quote Originally Posted by Smyth View Post
    I wonder if I might be misunderstanding the situation. The SS bar shows as out of stock, but it appears you may be able to order it with a 3-4 week delay in them having it available to ship. Anybody know if that is correct?
    I don’t think anyone knows. I think Rip said they were having a job meeting demand because it’s difficult to get hold of material due to covid. I did email Capps a couple of months ago, but didn’t receive a reply. I’d imagine they are snowed under with email requests which is why they don’t get back. There are a few people who received bars well beyond the delivery period, so, if you want a bar soon, you might have to go somewhere else.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Smyth View Post
    Now I have a question for anyone who knows: why do the 10kg and 15kg SS bars lack a center knurl? I am thinking of picking one up for my wife, who is looking at starting the SS program (56y/o).
    I picked up a rogue boneyard bella bar (35#) and a TPB bodybuilding bar (45#, aggressive knurling, center knurl, slightly smaller diameter for my lady hands) at the very beginning of my SS journey in May.

The Bella bar came in a few days. The TPB took 8 weeks. When the texas power bar came, I had "outgrown" the need for the 35# bar and was able to sell it within 24 hours for the same price I'd paid for it on Facebook marketplace. Worked out quite well.

Those first 8 weeks I really didn't need a center knurl or aggressive knurling (actually probably would have complained about it), but I'd hate to have that weak knurl game now.