starting strength gym
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bench recommendations

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I ordered the best I could find in stock. I'd have much rather had an ohio bar or ss bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Sib View Post
    Ah I see. I'm not sure, it doesn't feel as good as the ohio bar i was using at the gym but it's good enough for now. I am just very happy to be able to train again. I will be getting the ss bad when they start international shipping again.
    Indeed. I wonder what the price of the SS bar will be ? Currently the Texas bar is running the thick end of £600, through Pullum. I’m probably going to stick with the ATX now and buy a Rogue DL bar. My Mrs can then get on an DL whilst I start on the other lifts. Got to add that the ATX bar is really nice. It’s a phosphor nickel coating so it looks just like plain old steel. It also has a volcano style knurl which isn’t as harsh as the Gold bar and the sleeves are much more grippy leaving zero slop on the plates. 29mm is ok for every other lift, it’s only on DL where I’m struggling because of small hands. I’ve still pulled a 170Kg recently which I’m pretty pleased with.

Quote Originally Posted by Nockian View Post
    Indeed. I wonder what the price of the SS bar will be ? Currently the Texas bar is running the thick end of £600, through Pullum. I’m probably going to stick with the ATX now and buy a Rogue DL bar. My Mrs can then get on an DL whilst I start on the other lifts. Got to add that the ATX bar is really nice. It’s a phosphor nickel coating so it looks just like plain old steel. It also has a volcano style knurl which isn’t as harsh as the Gold bar and the sleeves are much more grippy leaving zero slop on the plates. 29mm is ok for every other lift, it’s only on DL where I’m struggling because of small hands. I’ve still pulled a 170Kg recently which I’m pretty pleased with.
    I don't have the same issues with hands but just kept getting my training messed with by gym closures last year. Now I've got the home gym I can get back on the progression and get past where I was before the world got so fucked.

I don't really mind I just know that's the bar I want. Nothing I've read from Rip about training has ever been bullshit.. in the gym industry that is really quite something. So if he says it's the best bar that's the one I want.

I don't have the same issues with hands but just kept getting my training messed with by gym closures last year. Now I've got the home gym I can get back on the progression and get past where I was before the world got so fucked.
    Are you keeping your gym membership-that is, providing the gyms haven’t all gone out of business by the time this is over. I’m keeping mine because I prefer trading with other people, but it’s brilliant having my own independent set up.

I don't really mind I just know that's the bar I want. Nothing I've read from Rip about training has ever been bullshit.. in the gym industry that is really quite something. So if he says it's the best bar that's the one I want.
    It should be. Just the cost is a lot more than it would be in the US where it’s quite an economical purchase for the quality. Still if you have the money and that’s what you want, then no reason not to get it.

Are you keeping your gym membership-that is, providing the gyms haven’t all gone out of business by the time this is over. I’m keeping mine because I prefer trading with other people, but it’s brilliant having my own independent set up.
    Yes I am keeping it. Now that I'm not working in the city I can go to a huge out of town gym where you can actually get on the equipment you need to use. It is wonderful. Agreed my own set up is great to have but it doesn't beat the gym.

It should be. Just the cost is a lot more than it would be in the US where it’s quite an economical purchase for the quality. Still if you have the money and that’s what you want, then no reason not to get it.
    Yeh, I'm in no hurry either. But I would like to have it.

starting strength coach development program
    Yes I am keeping it. Now that I'm not working in the city I can go to a huge out of town gym where you can actually get on the equipment you need to use. It is wonderful. Agreed my own set up is great to have but it doesn't beat the gym.

Yeh, I'm in no hurry either. But I would like to have it.
    Just FYI Iron Strength have been very good about letting me change my order around. What arrived were huge bumpers and I can't fit enough on the bar at that size. They are swapping for thinner plates which were not previously in stock at no charge. Good people.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123