starting strength gym

Thread: TPB Texas All American Bar compared to TPB Starting Strength Bar?

Default TPB Texas All American Bar compared to TPB Starting Strength Bar?

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Trying to compare the Texas Power Bars SS vs. All American bars.
    The specs on the website ( Texas Power Bars | Texas Deadlift Bar | Texas Squat Bar | Powerlifting Barbell & Bar Original ) are a bit lacking for direct comparison. I'm curious what the differences are. I have a Rogue B&R 2.0 bar currently, but think I might like a 28.5mm bar. The only reason I didn't order a TPB SS bar out of the gate was due to in-stock issues. Now that I have a bar I can wait for something and sell the B&R if I like the new one better. The AA & SS bar seem to be similar, so really curious about the differences, and in which cases one would choose one over the other.

Length is just 1/2" difference. Both seem to have knurl out to the edges, both are 28.5mm diameter.
    Is the knurl different? Anyone tried both and can compare? The SS bar states it has smooth sleeves, but not sure about the AA bar is it "ribbed" like my B&R 2.0, or smooth like a TPB SS? Enqueuing minds want to know.

20kg SS Bar:
    86.5" Length
    28.5mm
    Raw shaft and Raw sleeves

All American Bar:
    86” Length
    28.5mm Diameter (1 1/8”)
    17” Sleeves
    52” inside collar distance
    20 Kg or 44lbs
    32” and 36” hand space rings
    190k tensile strength
    Medium knurling that is out to the sleeves for the wide grip options.
    Center knurl

Raw shaft and Raw sleeves, that right there is why I went with the AAB over the SS one. I wouldn’t be able keep moisture out of my garage which would cause the SS bar to rust faster in my environment.
    I got my AAB in Cerakote and chrome sleeves. I’m hoping it has less up keep. If the weather here wasn’t so crazy humid in the summer if probably would of went with the SS bar.

The SS bar has nearly smooth sleeves. There is visible machining from the lathe, which I like. The knurling is top notch and I haven’t handled a bar that has better. It’s just right for a general purpose bar and feels really good in the hand. Even my sausage like fingers can get a good grip on it. I have one 20kg bar already and will be putting in an order for one more of each size in the near future.