starting strength gym
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Question for anyone who has built a home gym in the UK

Default Question for anyone who has built a home gym in the UK

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I have a home gym in my garage. For some reason in the UK garage roofs are very low compared to the high roofs you see in the US.

I can't stand and do the overhead press so later this year I'm going to build a gym in the garden that is high enough. Any recommendations on pre fab options in the UK with high enough ceilings are appreciated.

Hey buddy, I am from texas

Quote Originally Posted by Deanbolt78 View Post
    Hey buddy, I am from texas
    Hey buddy

Quote Originally Posted by Sib View Post
    I have a home gym in my garage. For some reason in the UK garage roofs are very low compared to the high roofs you see in the US.

I can't stand and do the overhead press so later this year I'm going to build a gym in the garden that is high enough. Any recommendations on pre fab options in the UK with high enough ceilings are appreciated.
    What about raising the garage roof with a few additional courses of brick ?

Quote Originally Posted by Nockian View Post
    What about raising the garage roof with a few additional courses of brick ?
    That would be my preference, sadly it's something made a long time ago out of some kind of prefab concrete panels. It would also block the sun from my neighbours garden for part of the day if I raise it the couple of feet that it requires.

It might be possible to lower the floor and move the joist out the way though but as an old structure that is currently quite sturdy I don't want to mess with it too much and end up with more issues than I started with. We have a big concrete base in the garden where I had a large shed but I really need to find a tall prefab cabin to stick on it. A lot of the stuff I'm looking at wont be high enough. If not I'll just have to make one but my preference would be to not have to get involved in all that.

Have you got really deep pockets ?

Garden Gym - Exercise at home with a Garden Gym | Garden Spaces

These things are so nice I could happily live in one. Just find a nice site overlooking a lake.

Have you got really deep pockets ?

Garden Gym - Exercise at home with a Garden Gym | Garden Spaces

These things are so nice I could happily live in one. Just find a nice site overlooking a lake.
    I stayed in something very similar on the Isle of Skye a couple of years ago. It's on booking.com I think.

Thanks for sharing these are the kind of thing I had in mind! Looks like a good company too.

I stayed in something very similar on the Isle of Skye a couple of years ago. It's on booking.com I think.

Thanks for sharing these are the kind of thing I had in mind! Looks like a good company too.
    I noticed that they do different heights. The other companies only did 2.6m maximum. Post some pictures of it when you get set up. By the way I received an email from Texas bars. There is now a shipping destination for the U.K. on the website. I checked out the duty @ 20% +2% and it’s around £200. So the SS bar will come in somewhere around £650. You can now order one. Bet that’s the first in the U.K. ?

I noticed that they do different heights. The other companies only did 2.6m maximum. Post some pictures of it when you get set up. By the way I received an email from Texas bars. There is now a shipping destination for the U.K. on the website. I checked out the duty @ 20% +2% and it’s around £200. So the SS bar will come in somewhere around £650. You can now order one. Bet that’s the first in the U.K. ?
    I will post some pictures when it's done

Thanks for the tip on the bar

Ss bar ordered. I will sell the bastard bar, its a shame they all became available at once! I'm guessing it'll take a while to get here anyway.

Question for you Nockian. Are you going to go and do a seminar? It looks very good and I've found all the ss materials I've read so far to be excellent. I'll probably go in 2022 once I'm not having to work such long hours to get my business back on its feet.

starting strength coach development program

Question for you Nockian. Are you going to go and do a seminar? It looks very good and I've found all the ss materials I've read so far to be excellent. I'll probably go in 2022 once I'm not having to work such long hours to get my business back on its feet.
    Not something I’ve considered Sib.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast