starting strength gym
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Question for anyone who has built a home gym in the UK

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Nockian View Post
    Yes, that’s not bad at all. Far less than my estimation. How does it compare to the Strength shop bar-feel, spin, knurling, build quality etc ?
    Just realised now I have the books, audio book versions of the books, belt, bar and bench I am turning into the ss equivalent of an Apple fan boy. Oops maybe the lockdowns have made me a little obsessed, but I think I would be anyway.

FedEx says the bar arrives tomorrow. I'll let you know.

I've been qouted £700 for a bolt together version, no finish, and the 2 inch hole spacing

Quote Originally Posted by Big-Green-Mud-Machine View Post
    I've been qouted £700 for a bolt together version, no finish, and the 2 inch hole spacing
    Are you going to do it?

I am, at that price it'll still be cheaper then the equivalent Rogue cage shipped from EU not including any delivery or potential Brexit tax. It'll last longer then I will on this planet, and I can move house with it as it'll be bolted together

I'm sure I can get £100 ish for my sqaut stands in this current expensive climate, so for £600 that's less then a year and a halfs membership at my local gym.

DM me for any more info mate, he may do it cheaper if you order one at the same time? He's based just outside Exeter

I am, at that price it'll still be cheaper then the equivalent Rogue cage shipped from EU not including any delivery or potential Brexit tax. It'll last longer then I will on this planet, and I can move house with it as it'll be bolted together

I'm sure I can get £100 ish for my sqaut stands in this current expensive climate, so for £600 that's less then a year and a halfs membership at my local gym.

DM me for any more info mate, he may do it cheaper if you order one at the same time? He's based just outside Exeter
    I'm not quite ready for it unfortunately it'll be in about five months time that I've built my space. Would be very interested in his details, how do I dm you?

😂

Not sure! I've seen loads of people on here talking about DM'ing each other so I guessed it was an option.

Unless to DM someone actually means something else 😞

Any help from other people on here is welcome!

😂

Not sure! I've seen loads of people on here talking about DM'ing each other so I guessed it was an option.

Unless to DM someone actually means something else 😞

Any help from other people on here is welcome!
    Pleased to say my beautiful SS bar has just arrived

All you need is the rack then you'll have the full set of SS kit 😆

Hurry up and get that outdoor gym built maye, I'm lucky enough to have a tall roofed garage but yeah it's frustrating when I see pictures of these American's "small garages" which are bigger then most flats I've lived in in the UK!

Quote Originally Posted by Sib View Post
    Pleased to say my beautiful SS bar has just arrived
    I’m looking forward to the video review and the Strength Shop comparison :-) would love to try it against the ATX bar.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Nockian View Post
    What about raising the garage roof with a few additional courses of brick ?
    Ss bench arrives next week

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast