starting strength gym

Thread: Budget Belts in Canada

Default Budget Belts in Canada

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Hello

Strength newbie here. I'm looking to purchase my first belt and upgrade from my foam "gym bro" belt.

Looking to buy a 4inch 10mm prong belt.

I have a college student Budget of about 100$ CAD

any recommendations for belts and places to purchase from is very much appreciated

I know it's expensive but the ss belt is excellent and is intended to last a lifetime

yeah the double-ply belt is pretty nice but for $140CAD I can get the Inzer 10mm Lever belt which will be the price of the single-ply SS belt which I think is better value at least in Canada. even Belt like the Rogue Echo ends up ridiculous $130 here so it doesn't make sense to purchase from US retailers.

Quote Originally Posted by shayan.givehchian View Post
    yeah the double-ply belt is pretty nice but for $140CAD I can get the Inzer 10mm Lever belt which will be the price of the single-ply SS belt which I think is better value at least in Canada. even Belt like the Rogue Echo ends up ridiculous $130 here so it doesn't make sense to purchase from US retailers.
    Inzer isn’t in the same league as the SS belt. I have a leathercraft belt which is about the same price as the SS. That’s what it costs for a good quality, sole leather belt. I also have a strength shop 4” lever belt-I no longer use it. There is a certain feel about a good leather belt which makes it unmatched. That said, if you can’t afford one, then you can’t afford one.

Well it's one of the most popular brands of belts for powerlifters so I can only imagine they must the doing something right and the reviews I've seen are almost all positive. There's like no name Amazon belts that are like 40bucks but I'm poor not stupid lol.

First belt I bought was from ebay and was a cheapy as I didn't have the spare cash for a more expensive one.

I read all the great reviews on their website and bought it thinking it was a good deal.

Turns out the "leather" in the middle was basically the leather equivalent of fibre board. The buckle prong ripped through between the belt holes and the rivets popped out. I kid you not, I could actually pull it to pieces as if it was made of fluff.

Lesson learned. Again. Buy cheap buy twice.

Well it's one of the most popular brands of belts for powerlifters so I can only imagine they must the doing something right and the reviews I've seen are almost all positive. There's like no name Amazon belts that are like 40bucks but I'm poor not stupid lol.
    I use the ss single ply, it is good value

My first two belts were the $40 amazon belts (Flexz Fitness?), and they were excellent for the price (I just grew out of them). I now have a 4" dominion.

Forget the inzer. Get the SS/dominion belt. Highest quality product that will last a lifetime.

starting strength coach development program
    My preferred belt manufacturer is Dominion Strength Training. Great company, excellent quality belts, American made, and Blake & Katie are good people. Right now, their single-ply starting strength belt is available for $100 US. Honestly, I'd pay the few extra bucks; you won't regret it.