starting strength gym

Thread: Inzer Lever Belt Size HELP!!!

Default Inzer Lever Belt Size HELP!!!

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    • starting strength seminar october 2024
    Hello

I am looking to pull the trigger on an Inzer Lever Belt 10mm but confused about the sizing
    I am 5'9" 175lbs wear size 31 waist jeans (wear jeans fairly low). i have a soft belly with love handles and wear my belt pretty tight (my currrent nylon belt measures 34inches closed tight)
    I measure my waist around the belly button at 35.5 inches relaxed. not planning on getting any heavier and trying to maintain/recompostion and stay at about 170 ish.
    On my last attempt at cutting, I was 155lbs with a 32-inch waistline.

I don't know whether to go with the medium or large

this is the sizing guide from their website

Inzer Suggested Sizing:
    M: 30-33"
    L: 34-38"

Approximate complete range of the belts:
    M: 25.25-35.25"
    L: 31.25-41.25"

Based on these a large would make more sense but I have seen a lot of people my height and weight go with the medium on the internet.

Please help me pick a size if you have experience since it is very hard to exchange the size because of where I live.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shayan.givehchian View Post
    On my last attempt at cutting, I was 155lbs with a 32-inch waistline.
    You don't need a belt at all.

My waist measurement is 2-3 inches more than the inside circumference of my belt at my normal setting. I think this is fairly typical for guys with a little fluff around the middle. A tight belt makes some of that fluff move out of the way.

Well I guess I walked right into that one haha.
    Those were the dark days after I lost a bunch of weight being a fat teenager then i got into strength training (happy to report I deadlifted 335 this week).
    Im just throwing out my measurement ranges since I might have aspirations to compete at 74kg weight class in the future and would like my belt to be able to accommodate all that range (I have consulted with Mr Santana about this and following his advice atm).

If you must have a lever bel and you must stay underweight -- and I see no reason why you do -- ask the Inzer people what size to buy. They know their product.