starting strength gym
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Texas Power Bars....AWFUL

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I ordered a Starting Strength bar from them at the start of the year, expecting it to take ages, and they got it out to me in a couple of weeks.

I just received two bars I ordered from them. I had initially sent an email which took a while for the initial response. But when they called me back, they answered all my questions. They were in no rush to get me off of the phone and helped me make decisions on my purchases (and I had many questions) I actually ended up getting something different than what I thought I was going to buy.

From that conversation I gleaned that they've been underwater with demand, and are now getting caught up. The person I spoke with mentioned they are in the same location they started from in the 80's. I doubt they are a giant company with dozens of sales reps.

At any rate, I was very happy with my customer service experience. (FWIW, I was told I wouldn't see any order status updates until the bars shipped, they don't have automation for that sort of thing... so you get an email with tracking when it ships). I'm in Texas so after shipping mine were on the doorstep the next day.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    DoctorLoomis, what is your actual name? Mitch can't look up your order under your username, and if you're going to complain about them in public, have the decency to not hide while you're doing so.

Decency??? Hiding??? Let me give you a little lecture in decency. I have been a loyal customer of yours for years. I have purchased every book have ever published. I have bought t-shirts and gear from you. I have spent my hard earned money with your company. I have also spoken about you to countless friends and I will wager I am personally responsible for selling over 50 copies of Starting Strength alone. I also purchased the SS bar from TPB on your recommendation alone. Based upon the fact you basically called me a coward tonight I will never....ever... spend another dime with your company. Ever. Further, the $1000 I was going to pay you for the August seminar in Wichita Falls...well you can kiss that goodbye as well. Your reputation for making rude, off color and smart ass comments to people on these forums is well documented. These people take your shit because they want to be part of "the club." They are afraid of you and thus allow you speak to them like dogs. They will not stand up to you and tell you you're out of line. I can assure you that is not the case with me. I will not put up with the shit and you are about to find that out. The next time you want to run your mouth and make rude comments to a loyal customer you might want to stop and think who you are talking to. Your rudeness has cost you. I hope it was worth it. Take care.

Quote Originally Posted by Erich Weidner View Post
    I just received two bars I ordered from them. I had initially sent an email which took a while for the initial response. But when they called me back, they answered all my questions. They were in no rush to get me off of the phone and helped me make decisions on my purchases (and I had many questions) I actually ended up getting something different than what I thought I was going to buy.

From that conversation I gleaned that they've been underwater with demand, and are now getting caught up. The person I spoke with mentioned they are in the same location they started from in the 80's. I doubt they are a giant company with dozens of sales reps.
    They have about 4 employees, and I have known Buddy Capps to be an honorable man for about 40 years.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorLoomis View Post
    To be honest half of me is disgusted with the customer service and the other half is concerned with Rip's reputation. I hope that Mark does not suffer any bad mouthing nor is his business tarnished in any way by being associated with TPB.
    This is pretty funny in the context of your childish rant. How do you insult the honor of an anonymous poster? Tell you what: send me your invoice for all the public relations you've done for our company over the last few decades, and I'll get you paid ASAFP.

send me your invoice for all the public relations you've done for our company over the last few decades, and I'll get you paid ASAFP.
    It will never happen because 1) it's imaginary and 2) he's still hiding for tantrum round #2.

and you are about to find that out.
    This is the best part.

That escalated quickly.
    From their Facebook posts and responses I get the impression that TBP is caught up and lead times on the website are now accurate. Which means I should get mine in 2-4 weeks. I think the fitness industry has a lot in common with the ammunition industry right now and it's hard for a small business to adapt to a huge sudden surge in demand. A huge influx of customer service requests needs infrastructure, which doesn't happen overnight.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikola Blagojevic View Post
    This is the best part.
    Yeah. With a single Facebook post, the Doctor is going to eviscerate The Aasgaard Company, discredit our material, and reveal to the world what a piece of shit I personally am. Well, it might take two.

Decency??? Hiding??? Let me give you a little lecture in decency. I have been a loyal customer of yours for years. I have purchased every book have ever published. I have bought t-shirts and gear from you. I have spent my hard earned money with your company. I have also spoken about you to countless friends and I will wager I am personally responsible for selling over 50 copies of Starting Strength alone. I also purchased the SS bar from TPB on your recommendation alone. Based upon the fact you basically called me a coward tonight I will never....ever... spend another dime with your company. Ever. Further, the $1000 I was going to pay you for the August seminar in Wichita Falls...well you can kiss that goodbye as well. Your reputation for making rude, off color and smart ass comments to people on these forums is well documented. These people take your shit because they want to be part of "the club." They are afraid of you and thus allow you speak to them like dogs. They will not stand up to you and tell you you're out of line. I can assure you that is not the case with me. I will not put up with the shit and you are about to find that out. The next time you want to run your mouth and make rude comments to a loyal customer you might want to stop and think who you are talking to. Your rudeness has cost you. I hope it was worth it. Take care.
    But, Doc, you say here, back in 2008:

Why Screw With the Program?

You've "known Rip for 2 years."

Couldn't you have just called Rip or told him directly of your dissatisfaction seeing as how you two have a more than 10-year relationship?

starting strength coach development program
    Yeah. With a single Facebook post, the Doctor is going to eviscerate The Aasgaard Company, discredit our material, and reveal to the world what a piece of shit I personally am. Well, it might take two.
    No Mark... there will be no Facebook posts. There will be no tweets. There will be no running down your company. There will be no rants elsewhere. That’s not what I’m about and I have zero desire to harm your business nor am I a vindictive person. I said what I needed to say and I made my point. Your comments to people and your treatment of people that try to support you and spend their money with you is well known. I simply will never spend another dime here nor will I refer any one as I’ve done for years now. One last thing.... you are without question a leader in the industry of training and getting people strong. You probably are THE leader. Your knowledge and the effectiveness of your knowledge has never been in question. The way you speak to your customers is. This will be my final post on here and I wont comment further. Take care.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast