starting strength gym
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Texas Power Bars....AWFUL

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorLoomis View Post
    I'm sure that I am not saying anything that you guys haven't already heard, but TPB is simply awful in customer service. I am sure the product itself is amazing but customer relations are simply abysmal. ZERO calls answered. ZERO messages returned. ZERO emails returned. ZERO communication. To be honest half of me is disgusted with the customer service and the other half is concerned with Rip's reputation. I hope that Mark does not suffer any bad mouthing nor is his business tarnished in any way by being associated with TPB. If you look at online reviews and customer complaints, its pretty shocking. That is not how you run a business.
    Sorry to hear that. I received my beautiful ss bar all the way to the UK and they were helpful when I had a question.

Decency??? Hiding??? Let me give you a little lecture in decency. I have been a loyal customer of yours for years. I have purchased every book have ever published. I have bought t-shirts and gear from you. I have spent my hard earned money with your company. I have also spoken about you to countless friends and I will wager I am personally responsible for selling over 50 copies of Starting Strength alone. I also purchased the SS bar from TPB on your recommendation alone. Based upon the fact you basically called me a coward tonight I will never....ever... spend another dime with your company. Ever. Further, the $1000 I was going to pay you for the August seminar in Wichita Falls...well you can kiss that goodbye as well. Your reputation for making rude, off color and smart ass comments to people on these forums is well documented. These people take your shit because they want to be part of "the club." They are afraid of you and thus allow you speak to them like dogs. They will not stand up to you and tell you you're out of line. I can assure you that is not the case with me. I will not put up with the shit and you are about to find that out. The next time you want to run your mouth and make rude comments to a loyal customer you might want to stop and think who you are talking to. Your rudeness has cost you. I hope it was worth it. Take care.
    He has a point, I'm sure if you'd emailed Aasgard company directly they'd help if you couldn't reach tpb. They have been very helpful when I ordered stuff.

Look Doc, your OP is titled "Texas Power Bars...Awful." What is a person reading this board supposed to conclude from this as they scan the board? That you are indicting the product as an anonymous poster on an internet forum, with no way for Capps Welding to correct any problems you might have had because we don't know who you are. After they read, having gotten the initial impression that Texas Power Bars are awful, they see that you don't like their customer service. After reading more, they see that you don't actually own a Texas Power Bar or a Starting Strength Bar. But your initial slander stands on the board, because I very seldom delete posts.

And yet I'm the asshole.

Decency??? Hiding??? Let me give you a little lecture in decency. I have been a loyal customer of yours for years. I have purchased every book have ever published. I have bought t-shirts and gear from you. I have spent my hard earned money with your company. I have also spoken about you to countless friends and I will wager I am personally responsible for selling over 50 copies of Starting Strength alone. I also purchased the SS bar from TPB on your recommendation alone. Based upon the fact you basically called me a coward tonight I will never....ever... spend another dime with your company. Ever. Further, the $1000 I was going to pay you for the August seminar in Wichita Falls...well you can kiss that goodbye as well. Your reputation for making rude, off color and smart ass comments to people on these forums is well documented. These people take your shit because they want to be part of "the club." They are afraid of you and thus allow you speak to them like dogs. They will not stand up to you and tell you you're out of line. I can assure you that is not the case with me. I will not put up with the shit and you are about to find that out. The next time you want to run your mouth and make rude comments to a loyal customer you might want to stop and think who you are talking to. Your rudeness has cost you. I hope it was worth it. Take care.
    I would think this is a joke or troll post if this account weren't from 2008. He got really upset after the smallest adversity.
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.
    I answer all my emails: ALewis@StartingStrengthGyms.com

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewLewis View Post
    He got really upset after the smallest adversity.
    He got really upset when he was called out for anonymously posting that shit behind a screenname, a completely legitimate objection. Could've stood up behind the words. Didn't. That's all you need to know.

Rolls Royce syndrome. Much higher expectations as a result of buying ‘the best’ product, produces the most complaints. It’s a hazard. Capps might do well to put something on his website to the effect that they are a very small boutique company that don’t have the staff to answer questions, as they are coping with a huge number of orders.

My experience is that they took a long time to answer, but then I expected that to be the case. When they did answer, they had set up a process by which anyone in the U.K. could order a bar from them directly and the cost of delivery was included. Sib used the new service and got a very rapid turnaround. I’d happily buy a bar from TPB even if I had to wait months.

Personally I think it could have been handled better on this forum than it was. A customer was just getting a bit frustrated and probably concerned he’d made a bad mistake in choosing a TPB. A bit of reassurance would have been a better bet than what it turned into, with everyone flying off the handle. Just my two cents.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewLewis View Post
    I would think this is a joke or troll post if this account weren't from 2008. He got really upset after the smallest adversity.
    And if you think the book helps your friends why would you stop recommending it, even if Mr Rippetoe is mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Nockian View Post
    Rolls Royce syndrome. Much higher expectations as a result of buying ‘the best’ product, produces the most complaints. It’s a hazard. Capps might do well to put something on his website to the effect that they are a very small boutique company that don’t have the staff to answer questions, as they are coping with a huge number of orders.

My experience is that they took a long time to answer, but then I expected that to be the case. When they did answer, they had set up a process by which anyone in the U.K. could order a bar from them directly and the cost of delivery was included. Sib used the new service and got a very rapid turnaround. I’d happily buy a bar from TPB even if I had to wait months.

Personally I think it could have been handled better on this forum than it was. A customer was just getting a bit frustrated and probably concerned he’d made a bad mistake in choosing a TPB. A bit of reassurance would have been a better bet than what it turned into, with everyone flying off the handle. Just my two cents.
    Wonderful advice, Nockian. But we are not going to allow anonymous board posters to shit-talk our vendors without a little criticism. I criticize, and he comes back with a post that looks like one of my ex-girlfriends wrote it. You handle your forum, I'll handle mine. Versteh?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Versteh?
    Unnecessary aggression detected.

You should buy the bar. It is excellent.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Nockian View Post
    Unnecessary aggression detected.
    Video?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast