starting strength gym
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Texas Power Bars....AWFUL

Default Texas Power Bars....AWFUL

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    I'm sure that I am not saying anything that you guys haven't already heard, but TPB is simply awful in customer service. I am sure the product itself is amazing but customer relations are simply abysmal. ZERO calls answered. ZERO messages returned. ZERO emails returned. ZERO communication. To be honest half of me is disgusted with the customer service and the other half is concerned with Rip's reputation. I hope that Mark does not suffer any bad mouthing nor is his business tarnished in any way by being associated with TPB. If you look at online reviews and customer complaints, its pretty shocking. That is not how you run a business.

I ordered a custom bar from them in early 2020. They were timely, courteous, answered my calls, and made sure I was happy with the design and result. I have nothing but good things to say about them.

That sucks you had a bad experience.
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.
    I answer all my emails: ALewis@StartingStrengthGyms.com

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewLewis View Post
    I ordered a custom bar from them in early 2020. They were timely, courteous, answered my calls, and made sure I was happy with the design and result. I have nothing but good things to say about them.

That sucks you had a bad experience.

Hi Andrew....as I said I’m sure the product quality is first rate. But customer service is part of running a business and, as you can see from the attached photo, I’m not the only one that has experienced this.

Attached Images Attached Images

Ok. I don't know what you want from me. I don't work for them. I was just saying I had a good customer experience.

If they're not answering their phones and emails, they should probably be more prompt, but I have no control over that.
    Last edited by AndrewLewis; 03-04-2021 at 06:57 AM.
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.
    I answer all my emails: ALewis@StartingStrengthGyms.com

Seems like that's getting more common. I'm actually surprised when customer service from anywhere responds to emails or phone calls in what anyone would consider a reasonable time, or at all.

I ordered an All American bar yesterday, and then started to see reviews where people say they don't communicate at all. This made me nervous after spending a lot of money on my first quality bar, but I looked over their facebook page and that seems to be a good avenue to contact them. Whoever runs their social media is responding to people there, so you might try that route. I really hope everything goes smoothly as I don't want this milestone in my training tarnished by a bad buying experience.

DoctorLoomis, what is your actual name? Mitch can't look up your order under your username, and if you're going to complain about them in public, have the decency to not hide while you're doing so.

I had success with a Facebook message when I was waiting on a Texas power bar. Didn't make it come any faster, though.

Ordering from them seems to be an exercise in patience, but you'll get a great bar. I would buy from them again.

The COVID-19 farce has disrupted the supply chains of essentially ALL manufacturers. Bar stock has been in short supply for months, and if you can't get 4140 you can't make bars. But they should communicate more effectively, I agree.

starting strength coach development program
    I’m sorry to hear about your experience but it is exactly the opposite of mine. I ordered an SS bar from them in December of ‘18 and received it when Mitch said I would. I’ve ordered 4 (2-deadlift bars and 2 more SS bars) since then and haven’t had a problem.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast