starting strength gym
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Texas Power Bars....AWFUL

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Sib View Post
    You should buy the bar. It is excellent.
    I agree, Sib. It's a fantastic bar. Let's get this thread back on track, you and me. I like the knurl more than the B&R 2.0, and I think the pin design is better. I'm sure the snap clips are fine, but I like the way the pins look and they're definitely stronger.
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.
    I answer all my emails: ALewis@StartingStrengthGyms.com

On a completely unrelated note, since it can be delivered in the UΚ, I could order one and redirect it somehow to my country (Greece).
    Now here's the problem, obviously I wouldn't mind paying extra for shipping but @Sib, do you think that since brexit and all that I would have to pay customs charges and maybe VAT or something like that?
    I know this is a long shot but mayne someone knows.
    I'll look into it anyway myself.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Video?
    Shoddy attempt at further intimidation detected.

Quote Originally Posted by Kostas Theodorakis View Post
    On a completely unrelated note, since it can be delivered in the UΚ, I could order one and redirect it somehow to my country (Greece).
    Now here's the problem, obviously I wouldn't mind paying extra for shipping but @Sib, do you think that since brexit and all that I would have to pay customs charges and maybe VAT or something like that?
    I know this is a long shot but mayne someone knows.
    I'll look into it anyway myself.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
    Not sure buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewLewis View Post
    I agree, Sib. It's a fantastic bar. Let's get this thread back on track, you and me. I like the knurl more than the B&R 2.0, and I think the pin design is better. I'm sure the snap clips are fine, but I like the way the pins look and they're definitely stronger.
    Yes, everything about it feels like a quality product. I have the ss bench arriving soon which I expect will also be excellent quality. Like my ss belt. None of these products were expensive vs their equivalent competition either.

Quote Originally Posted by Nockian View Post
    Are you OK Nockian?

Quote Originally Posted by Nockian View Post
    Am I going to have to stop this car!?

This exchange made my day. Also, their customer response isn’t great during the pandemic, and I worried that it would take a couple months to get a bar, but I ordered a 20kg and a 10kg in early December and got them both within a couple weeks.

It shouldn't be surprising that customer service right now during unprecedented demand for plates and bars is slower everywhere.

Strangest is that Rip offered to help with the customer service concerns before the OP went on that tirade. Maybe the guy had a bad day and shortened fuse. It happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Smyth View Post
    Am I going to have to stop this car!?

This exchange made my day. Also, their customer response isn’t great during the pandemic, and I worried that it would take a couple months to get a bar, but I ordered a 20kg and a 10kg in early December and got them both within a couple weeks.
    Excellent on both fronts.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ23 View Post
    It shouldn't be surprising that customer service right now during unprecedented demand for plates and bars is slower everywhere.

Strangest is that Rip offered to help with the customer service concerns before the OP went on that tirade. Maybe the guy had a bad day and shortened fuse. It happens.
    Yeh, I guess plenty of us have had good reason to have a short fuse this past year.

Wow how did I miss this thread? Took quite a turn there. The Starting Strength bench I purchased from them is exceptional.

Unless you are dealing with Amazon, I assume the people actually “doing the work” are focused on manufacturing and delivery. The back office phone calls with customers may not be the priority, and that’s ok. I order, get my order confirmation email, then sit and wait patiently.

But, I will give Aasgard a thumbs up. Every order, whether t-shirts, registering for camps, or a gift certificate has been flawless with Bree and Nick.

starting strength coach development program
    I ordered mine couple months ago, knowing it would be a long wait due to the Kung flu delay. Lo and behold, that fucker showed up one week later and I couldn’t be happier with it. Must be clean living or my good looks or something.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast