starting strength gym
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Texas Power Bars....AWFUL

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Roterhals View Post
    I ordered mine couple months ago, knowing it would be a long wait due to the Kung flu delay. Lo and behold, that fucker showed up one week later and I couldn’t be happier with it. Must be clean living or my good looks or something.
    It was a pain in the ass getting mine into the UK but that was the customs fuckery not the sender.

My SS bar is fantastic. I don’t know what this guy was expecting. Machinists are not ass kissing baristas.

Quote Originally Posted by Sib View Post
    It was a pain in the ass getting mine into the UK but that was the customs fuckery not the sender.
    Just to add to this. It shouldn't put you off ordering from the UK. If you call the courier they will sort it out, it's just disrupted at the moment.

I just got email notification that my bar shipped. The lead time listed on the product page when I ordered it said 2-4 weeks, and this is week 4. It seems like they have a system in place now to keep promises and get bars made in a reasonable time frame. Maybe it's time for OP to reach out to them via social media to see if they can address his concerns, and time for all of us to cut them some slack for the shit show that was 2020 and judge the service for the way it is now.

Out of curiosity, what did you guys pay for shipping to the UK? I'm being quoted around the same price as the bar, I'm assuming this includes import taxes etc? I don't want to order only to be hit with extra charges. I would be grateful for any personal experience as I don't expect TPB to be up to date on Brexit import regulations costs etc. Thanks.

I've read about the (lack of) customer service on multiple websites. I can only imagine its due to being a smaller shop and being overwhelmed with demand. Hopefully they've caught up by this point and are providing decent customer service. I ordered a blemished TPB a couple weeks ago and received it within a few days. It's a really unique bar and I like it a lot. Very different than my Rogue bars.

Quote Originally Posted by Utred View Post
    Out of curiosity, what did you guys pay for shipping to the UK? I'm being quoted around the same price as the bar, I'm assuming this includes import taxes etc? I don't want to order only to be hit with extra charges. I would be grateful for any personal experience as I don't expect TPB to be up to date on Brexit import regulations costs etc. Thanks.
    Shipping barbells is expensive because of the size and weight. Shipping a whole pallet of barbells is likely cheaper. It would seem that having a local distributor would help meet European demand in a cost-effective way. I'm in Florida and not in the distribution business. But maybe there should be a new sticky thread for people who want to purchase the bar in Europe and maybe if we can show enough demand, a distributor will step up.

Just to add another data point:

I ordered the Starting Strength 20KG Bar late Monday night and received a shipping notification with tracking on Thursday morning. I'm excited to have another quality barbell to pair up with my B&R 2.0 bar.

If I was in the market for a new Bar I would go with something from Rogue.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Meshuggah View Post
    If I was in the market for a new Bar I would go with something from Rogue.
    Why?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast