starting strength gym
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Texas Power Bars....AWFUL

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    Why?
    They make quality stuff, including your Bar.

Why?
    Obviously because they come in 12 shiny colors!

Quote Originally Posted by Utred View Post
    Out of curiosity, what did you guys pay for shipping to the UK? I'm being quoted around the same price as the bar, I'm assuming this includes import taxes etc? I don't want to order only to be hit with extra charges. I would be grateful for any personal experience as I don't expect TPB to be up to date on Brexit import regulations costs etc. Thanks.
    It was still a good price for a premium bar

Quote Originally Posted by Meshuggah View Post
    They make quality stuff, including your Bar.
    The Starting Strength Bar is made by Capps Welding.

Quote Originally Posted by Meshuggah View Post
    If I was in the market for a new Bar I would go with something from Rogue.
    I have multiple Rogue bars and (2) Texas Power Bars. They are very different products. The Rogue bars are much tighter, and you can tell they are manufactured with the state of the art equipment. They do have a higher quality feel to them. My TPBs look and feel like they were handmade by a guy in his machine shop. I would describe it like this- the Rogue bars are a $40,000 brand new decked out Harley that just came off the showroom floor. The TPB is a chopper that was built up the street at the local garage. Which you prefer depends on you as a person. I personally reach for one of my TPBs more often than Rogue. And I'm a huge Rogue fanboy.

The Starting Strength Bar is made by Capps Welding.
    So you no longer affiliate yourself with Rogue or the B&R bar? I recall a video where you personally said something along the lines of "Rogue makes the best stuff out there right now". Capps was in business at that time, so you thought Rogue made better equipment than Capps. In your opinion, did Rogue quality fall-off or did Capps quality increase? I'm sure it has more to do with dollars than quality since you don't make anything from the sales of the B&R?

Quote Originally Posted by doc8404 View Post
    So you no longer affiliate yourself with Rogue or the B&R bar?
    I do not.

I recall a video where you personally said something along the lines of "Rogue makes the best stuff out there right now".
    That was true at the time the video was made, years ago.

Capps was in business at that time, so you thought Rogue made better equipment than Capps. In your opinion, did Rogue quality fall-off or did Capps quality increase?
    Capps makes bars, and Rogue makes lots of other equipment. At the time, Capps was not making the SS bar, and I don't like the knurl on the TPB.

I'm sure it has more to do with dollars than quality since you don't make anything from the sales of the B&R?
    You're sure? How much money do I make with Capps?

This is the silliest active thread on the board right now.

If you want a Capps bar, get one. If you want a Rogue bar, get one. They're different - decide what specific qualities you're looking for. And they're all around the same price anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikola Blagojevic View Post
    This is the silliest active thread on the board right now.

If you want a Capps bar, get one. If you want a Rogue bar, get one. They're different - decide what specific qualities you're looking for. And they're all around the same price anyway.
    Seriously? Have you read the covid or pothead threads? This is maybe #3.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by doc8404 View Post
    Seriously? Have you read the covid or pothead threads? This is maybe #3.

This thread started as someone comparing experiences and complaining.

This thread has become stupid, and frankly, ignorant about the existing bar market.

I'm with Nikola.

There are plenty of high-quality bars out there. If I were in the market for a new bar (or eight in the next year), I would buy SS bars. But if you didn't like the customer service of Capps, then buy elsewhere. You can get very strong on marginal equipment, and Rogue and Capps and Eleiko and several other barbell companies make bars that will be safe and straight.
    Starting Strength Indianapolis is up and running. Sign up for a free 30-minute coaching session.
    I answer all my emails: ALewis@StartingStrengthGyms.com

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456