starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kabuki Kadillac Bar

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I've told you that a neutral grip bar is unstable in the hands. If that doesn't present a problem for your injured shoulder, go ahead and spend the money.
    Im not sure that is a big deal. This one is supposed to be more stable than the others, due to the arch and lower center of gravity of the weight. I was just hoping someome had actually tried the Kadillac and could comment. Its definitely worth the money if it gets me bench pressing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Spicka View Post
    This one is supposed to be more stable than the others, due to the arch and lower center of gravity of the weight.
    I know this is several months old, and I was looking into this bar too, but the explanation above from Kabukis sounds like mumbo jumbo to me; of course I'm not a mad scientist or anything.

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    I've told you that a neutral grip bar is unstable in the hands. If that doesn't present a problem for your injured shoulder, go ahead and spend the money.
    Rip,

Other than the need to sell more equipment and the marketing blitz to support that cause are there any benefits to football bars / neutral grip bars from a strength training perspective? I imagine the bodybuilder community sees the opportunity to 'hit' their muscles from every angle in the pursuit of aesthetics. Does it serve any benefits for us in middle-age and older? The marketing seems to always talk about sparing your shoulders, but as you referenced earlier in this thread, these bars all feature increased range of motion.

As someone in their mid 40s who has had both shoulder labrums repaired (years ago now), I try to keep mindful of mechanics and movement patterns to prevent future injury.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12