starting strength gym

Thread: Marrs bar review highly recommend

Default Marrs bar review highly recommend

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    This bar isn’t necessarily for everyone but it’s great for this old guy with a damaged shoulder

Due to a loss of range of motion from a rotator cuff repair I can’t get my left hand back on the bar to do a low bar squat. I’m 69 FWIW.

I wanted to do low bar squats!

I’ve tried using a Safety squat bar which resulted in a high bar squat which I thought was my only option. I soon found out when your squat gets around 400 plus your neck starts hurting continuously.

So I saw this Marrs bar reviewed and figured it’s expensive ( $700.00 ish with freight) but what price is comfort and strength worth?

I wanted to do low bar squats and this is basically what I’m doing now in perfect comfort for the last three months!

The company

Great people to deal with it’s a small family run business. The owner personally contacted me and gave me his email when I complained about difficulty placing my order and got it straightened out. Real nice man I could tell he cared about his customers.

Then the freight company botched the shipping instructions and sent the damn bars to the wrong terminal 5 hrs from my home. Marrs Barr’s ,when notified , got right on it and contacted the necessary people to get the bars released to me. So it was a pain in the ass but that wasn’t Marrs Barr’s fault.

The bar is well made the padding is extremely nice and dense.

I’m very happy with the product I bought two of them because the freight is the same so if you can team up with some that will lower the freight cost per bar. Gave one to my daughter.

Great product from an American Company that gives good customer service.

If you are old and beat up and have the means you want this bar. The only good thing about being old is most of us can afford to splurge on things that make life better.

Mark’s right about low bar squats being much better.

Quote Originally Posted by bobman View Post
    This bar isn’t necessarily for everyone but it’s great for this old guy with a damaged shoulder

Due to a loss of range of motion from a rotator cuff repair I can’t get my left hand back on the bar to do a low bar squat. I’m 69 FWIW.

I wanted to do low bar squats!

I’ve tried using a Safety squat bar which resulted in a high bar squat which I thought was my only option. I soon found out when your squat gets around 400 plus your neck starts hurting continuously.

So I saw this Marrs bar reviewed and figured it’s expensive ( $700.00 ish with freight) but what price is comfort and strength worth?

I wanted to do low bar squats and this is basically what I’m doing now in perfect comfort for the last three months!

The company

Great people to deal with it’s a small family run business. The owner personally contacted me and gave me his email when I complained about difficulty placing my order and got it straightened out. Real nice man I could tell he cared about his customers.

Then the freight company botched the shipping instructions and sent the damn bars to the wrong terminal 5 hrs from my home. Marrs Barr’s ,when notified , got right on it and contacted the necessary people to get the bars released to me. So it was a pain in the ass but that wasn’t Marrs Barr’s fault.

The bar is well made the padding is extremely nice and dense.

I’m very happy with the product I bought two of them because the freight is the same so if you can team up with some that will lower the freight cost per bar. Gave one to my daughter.

Great product from an American Company that gives good customer service.

If you are old and beat up and have the means you want this bar. The only good thing about being old is most of us can afford to splurge on things that make life better.

Mark’s right about low bar squats being much better.

I would be very interested in Rip's view on this as it might be something that would help an older family member.

I have never used one, so I can't comment.