starting strength gym
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Power rack question

• starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Thank you for all the responses! I guess my assumptions about tallness were wrong... I am glad my preference for small racks is not incompatible with my husband's excessive height!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rippetoe View Post
    If only someone would design a rack that solves all these problems.

Really a shame such a thing doesn’t exist. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by tiny&mighty View Post
    I am glad my preference for small racks is not incompatible with my husband's excessive height!
    The 43" extra deep rack will allow two people to train at the same time. Not an issue for some but for a couple this might be worth having.

Quote Originally Posted by TommyGun View Post
    I have that Rogue rack. Squat inside the rack obviously. To press, you have the option to put the j-cups on the outside posts to press outside if you have to due to being too tall for the rack. That rogue rack will do fine.

Rip just plugged the SS rack by Texas Power Systems, that is worth a look also. It will serve all your training needs. No matter what rack you get, by all means buy the SS bench. I did and will never use another bench.
    What about the SS bench makes it so great in your opinion?

Cool

starting strength coach development program
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve R View Post
    The 43" extra deep rack will allow two people to train at the same time. Not an issue for some but for a couple this might be worth having.
    Good to know, but I am so not sharing a rack with anyone, haha! My workout, my rack https://startingstrength.com/resources/forum/cool.gif

We schedule out workouts on separate days. Mine take about 2 hours to complete since I use up to five sets of triples on most movements (except for the press, amazingly). His workouts are quite long too because he has yet to stop adding mirror-muscle high-rep silly bullshit to the program. I refrain from giving him a hard time about it; what he does now is still a huge improvement from what he was doing before.

I trust that he will eventually come to his senses. Proportionally to our respective bodyweights, my lifts are higher than his (except for the bench), and I know this bothers him already. All I have to do to convince him that the program works as it is to keep improving my numbers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12