starting strength gym
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on these lifting shoes?

Default Thoughts on these lifting shoes?

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Looking for a pair for my son, reasonably priced. These are on sale for $91. Anybody tried them? Adidas Power Perfect 3 - Men's - Core Black / Night Metallic / Coral | Rogue Fitness

I have a pair. I've probably had them a year and a half or so. No complaints, but they're the only lifting shoes I've owned so I don't have anything to compare them to. I bought them in my usual size. In terms of width they are on the narrow side of average. The one thing I did notice was that the toe box felt a little cramped at first, although it eventually stretched. Depending on your sons foot shape, you may want to take that into account when sizing them.

I got them on sale just to try something different to my adipowers. I wear them all the time now as I prefer them for all the main lifts, except front squats.

Great feedback, guys. Thank you.

I’m back with another shoe. Concerns over the Adidas running too narrow. Anybody have any experience with these? Do-Win Classic Lifter - Red | Rogue Fitness

My first pair of lifting shoes were Do-Wins. I think that was before they called them classics. I liked them for the wide toe box. They were fine shoes, about 3/4" rise and a very firm sole. I got about 10yrs out of them before the bottom of the shoe separated from the top. I glued them back together with shoe-goo but replaced them soon after. I don't know if they've changed anything significant since my purchase but I feel like they served me well.

Quote Originally Posted by Smyth View Post
    I’m back with another shoe. Concerns over the Adidas running too narrow. Anybody have any experience with these? Do-Win Classic Lifter - Red | Rogue Fitness
    I'm coming up on 2 years of using these. They're my first lifting shoe, so I can't compare to any other, but they work just fine for me. I run wide (4E wide) and these were snug out of the box but never uncomfortable, even after I cinch them down. I had read, at the time, several reviews about sizing up for wide feet. I took a chance and just ordered the same size as my running shoes and had no issues with length or width. Had I gone longer as was suggested, the front cinch strap would have been across my pinky toe instead of the ball of my foot, which I imagine would have been uncomfortable.

If I needed to, I'd buy another pair.

For what it's worth, your concern about Adidas' narrow toe box is well founded. I use an older pair of Adipowers and have a slightly narrow foot by U.S. standards, and even so they were too tight at first. Lucky for me, they have leather uppers and eventually stretched out to fit just fine. The Power Perfects are all synthetic, and I'd bet they won't stretch nearly as much.

If you have wide feet, you're probably not going to like Adidas. The Rogue Do-Win "Classic" lifters are a great shoe; I don't think you'll be disappointed with them.

starting strength coach development program
    I liked mine so much, I bought a second pair on eBay. The originals have a 0.5” heel, not 0.75”, contrary to the ad. They are said to fit wider feet, which is one reason I bought them. Also, I had a cobbler insert metal eyelets, to prevent the leather from tearing, and eventually replaced the cheaper laces with something less stretchy and infused with Kevlar. The soles on the first pair started to separate from the upper, so I had the cobbler glue them back together. No trouble since. Both pairs look like they have a lot more life left in them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast