starting strength gym

Thread: Knee wraps recommendations in 2021

Default Knee wraps recommendations in 2021

• starting strength seminar april 2024
    • starting strength seminar jume 2024
    • starting strength seminar august 2024
    Due to what are possibly the long-term implications of a lateral meniscus tear (which I have posted about separately on the injury forum), I think it may be advisable for me to begin wearing knee wraps. Are there particular wraps anyone here would recommend? My primary aims are pain and injury prevention and stability, not competitive performance, so I'm looking for the middle ground between a powerlifting wrap and a bandage. It seems a lot of wraps I have seen recommended in the past are no longer available. I'm looking for something for sale in, or shippable to, Great Britain.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Here in the US most lifters I see are wearing a UK product, SBD knee sleeves. They are popular because of their quality, durability and precise sizing, even though they are they are more expensive than most other sleeves. I don't know much about wraps but sleeves get it done for my wife and I.

SBD recommends using the same size as your knee circumference for general use and one size smaller for those who want a really tight fit.

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    Due to what are possibly the long-term implications of a lateral meniscus tear (which I have posted about separately on the injury forum), I think it may be advisable for me to begin wearing knee wraps. Are there particular wraps anyone here would recommend? My primary aims are pain and injury prevention and stability, not competitive performance, so I'm looking for the middle ground between a powerlifting wrap and a bandage. It seems a lot of wraps I have seen recommended in the past are no longer available. I'm looking for something for sale in, or shippable to, Great Britain.

Any help would be much appreciated.
    I believe there are several companies that sell wraps in Great Britain. Just get one of the less stiff versions. I use Mark Bell slingshot wraps instead of the World Record or Gangsta ones.

Thanks for the suggestions. I've found out that the Harbinger knee wraps Mark recommends in the video from 2012 are actually still available online under a different colour and slightly different name (but same product code - 46700), so I've bought a pair of those.